NOTICE OF MINISTERIAL APPROVAL OF
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 81-106
INVESTMENT FUND CONTINUOUS DISCLOSURE
ONTARIO SECURITIES COMMISSION RULE 81-801
IMPLEMENTING NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 81-106 INVESTMENT FUND CONTINUOUS DISCLOSURE
On May 2, 2005, the Chair of Management Board of Cabinet approved the following rules which came into force on June 1, 2005:
1. National Instrument 81-106 Investment Fund Continuous Disclosure, which contains Form 81-106F1 Contents of Annual and Interim Management Report of Fund Performance;
2. Ontario Securities Commission Rule 81-801 Implementing National Instrument 81-106 Investment Fund Continuous Disclosure;
3. related amendments to:
• National Instrument 81-101 Mutual Fund Prospectus Disclosure, Form 81-101F1 Contents of Simplified Prospectus and Form 81-101F2 Contents of Annual Information Form
• National Instrument 81-102 Mutual Funds
• National Instrument 13-101 System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval (SEDAR)
• National Instrument 81-104 Commodity Pools
• National Instrument 51-102 Continuous Disclosure Obligations
• National Instrument 52-107 Acceptable Accounting Principles, Auditing Standards and Reporting Currency
• National Instrument 71-102 Continuous Disclosure and Other Exemptions Relating to Foreign Issuers, and
• Ontario Securities Commission Rule 41-502 Prospectus Requirements for Mutual Funds; and
4. revocation of National Instrument 54-102 Interim Financial Statement & Report Exemption.
The following related policies also came into force on June 1, 2005:
1. Companion Policy 81-106CP to National Instrument 81-106 Investment Fund Continuous Disclosure;
2. Companion Policy 81-801CP to Ontario Securities Commission Rule 81-801 Implementing National Instrument 81-106 Investment Fund Continuous Disclosure;
3. amendments to Companion Policy 81-101CP to National Instrument 81-101 Mutual Fund Prospectus Disclosure, Companion Policy 81-102CP to National Instrument 81-102 Mutual Funds, and Companion Policy 81-104CP to National Instrument 81-104 Commodity Pools; and
4. rescission of National Policy 27 Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, National Policy 31 Change of Auditor of a Reporting Issuer, National Policy 50 Reservations in an Auditor's Report, and National Policy 51 Changes in the Ending Date of a Financial Year and in Reporting Status.
These rules and policies were previously published in a supplement to the Bulletin on March 11, 2005, and are published in Chapter 5 of this Bulletin.
On May 2, 2005, the Chair of Management Board of Cabinet also approved a Regulation amending or revoking certain provisions of Regulation 1015 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990. This Regulation was filed as O. Reg. 215/04 on May 18, 2005 and will be published in the Ontario Gazette on June 4, 2005. The Regulation is published in Chapter 9 of this Bulletin.