Cease trade order revoked where the issuer has remedied its default in respect of disclosure requirements under the Act.
Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, as am., ss. 127(1)2, 127(5), 127(8), 144.
IN THE MATTER OF
THE SECURITIES ACT, R.S.O. 1990, CHAPTER
S.5, AS AMENDED (the "Act")
IN THE MATTER OF
MISSISSAUGA TEACHERS' RETIREMENT
VILLAGE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP (the Partnership)
WHEREAS the securities of the Partnership are subject to a temporary order issued by the Manager, Corporate Finance, (the Manager) on behalf of the Ontario Securities Commission (the Commission) pursuant to paragraph 2 of subsection 127(1) and subsection 127(5) of the Act, dated September 2, 2004 and as extended by a further order issued by the Manager dated September 14, 2004 pursuant to subsection 127(8) of the Act (collectively, the Cease Trade Order) directing that all trading in the securities of the Partnership cease until the Cease Trade Order is revoked by a further order of revocation;
AND WHEREAS the Partnership has applied to the Commission pursuant to section 144 of the Act (the Application) for revocation of the Cease Trade Order.
AND WHEREAS the Partnership has represented to the Director that:
1. The Partnership was created on September 30, 1983 under the Limited Partnerships Act (Ontario) and is a reporting issuer in the Province of Ontario;
2. The Order was issued by reason of the failure of the Partnership to file with the Commission its interim financial statements for the period ended June 30, 2004;
3. On September 22, 2004, the Partnership filed its interim financial statements for the period ended June 30, 2004 with the Commission through SEDAR; and
4. The Partnership has now brought its continuous disclosure filings up to date;
5. Except for the Cease Trade Order, the Partnership is not otherwise in default of any requirements of the Act or the regulations promulgated thereunder.
AND UPON considering the application and the recommendation of the staff of the Commission;
AND UPON the undersigned Director is satisfied that the Partnership remedied its default in respect of filing requirements and is of the opinion that it would not be prejudicial to the public interest to revoke the Temporary Order as extended by the Extension Order.
IT IS ORDERED pursuant to section 144 of the Act that the Cease Trade Order be and is hereby revoked.
September 29, 2004.