IN THE MATTER OF
THE SECURITIES ACT, RSO 1990, c S.5
- AND -
IN THE MATTER OF STEVEN J. MARTEL,
MARTEL GROUP OF COMPANIES INC. and 8446997 CANADA INC.
- On March 29, 2016, Staff of the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) filed a Statement of Allegations and the Commission issued a Notice of Hearing in respect of that Statement of Allegations, setting April 15, 2016 as the hearing date;
- On April 15, 2016, Staff of the Commission (“Staff”) and an agent for a respondent, Steven J. Martel (“Martel”), attended the hearing. The Commission adjourned the matter to a Second Appearance on August 10, 2016 and ordered a schedule for delivery of Staff’s disclosures, witness lists and information regarding experts;
- On August 10, 2016, Staff and counsel for Martel attended the Second Appearance and requested the scheduling of a pre-hearing conference. The Commission ordered that the matter be adjourned to a prehearing conference on September 27, 2016;
- On September 27, 2016, Staff and counsel for Martel attended a pre-hearing conference and requested the scheduling of a further pre-hearing conference and a Third Appearance. The Commission issued an Order (the “September 2016 Order”), adjourning this matter to a further pre-hearing conference on November 4, 2016, scheduling the Third Appearance for December 12, 2016, and ordering delivery of the respondents’ witness lists, witness summaries and information regarding experts by no later than 30 days before the date of the Third Appearance; and
- On October 31, 2016, counsel for Martel requested amendments to the schedule set in the September 2016 Order and Staff consented;
IT IS ORDERED that:
- the pre-hearing conference scheduled for November 4, 2016 is vacated;
- the Third Appearance scheduled for December 12, 2016 is vacated;
- this matter is adjourned to a further pre-hearing conference on December 12, 2016 at 10:00 a.m., or such further and other date as may be agreed to by the parties and set by the Office of the Secretary; and
- the obligations of the respondents with respect to disclosure of witness lists, witness summaries and the intention to call expert testimony arising out of the September 2016 Order are adjourned pending the rescheduling of the Third Appearance in this matter.
Dated at Toronto this 2nd day of November, 2016.
" D. Grant Vingoe "
D. Grant Vingoe
D. Grant Vingoe