R.S.O. 1990, c.S.5, AS AMENDED
IN THE MATTER OF FIRST FEDERAL CAPITAL (CANADA) CORPORATION
and MONTE MORRIS FRIESNER
NOTICE OF HEARING
(Sections 127 and 127.1)
WHEREAS on the 11th day of December, 2000, the Ontario Securities Commission (the "Commission") ordered, pursuant to clause 2 of section 127(1) of the Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.S.5, as amended (the "Act"), that all trading in securities by First Federal Capital (Canada) Corporation and Monte Morris Friesner cease (the "Temporary Order");
TAKE NOTICE that the Commission will hold a hearing pursuant to sections 127 and 127.1 of the Act at its offices on the 17th Floor, 20 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario commencing on the 20th day of December, 2000, at 9:30 a.m. or as soon thereafter as the hearing can be held;
TO CONSIDER whether, pursuant to sections 127(1) and 127.1 of the Act, it is in the public interest for the Commission:
- to make an order to extend the Temporary Order until this hearing is concluded;
- to make an order that the respondents cease trading in securities, permanently or for such time as the Commission may direct;
- to make an order that the respondents be reprimanded;
- to make an order that the respondents pay the costs of Staff's investigation in relation to this matter;
- to make an order that the respondents pay the costs of this proceeding incurred by or on behalf of the Commission; and/or
- to make such other order as the Commission may deem appropriate.
BY REASON OF the allegations set out in the Statement of Allegations and such additional allegations as counsel may advise and the Commission may permit;
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that any party to the proceeding may be represented by counsel if that party attends or submits evidence at the hearing;
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that upon failure of any party to attend at the time and place aforesaid, the hearing may proceed in the absence of that party and such party is not entitled to any further notice of the proceeding.
December 12th, 2000.
Secretary to the Commission