IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT
R.S.O. 1990, c.S.5, AS AMENDED
- AND -
(Sections 127 and 127.1)
WHEREAS on June 15, 2004, the Commission issued a Notice of Hearing (the "Notice of Hearing") pursuant to sections 127 and 127.1 of the Securities Act (the "Act") in respect of James Anderson ("Anderson");
AND WHEREAS Anderson entered into a settlement agreement with Staff of the Commission (the "Settlement Agreement"), in which Anderson agreed to a proposed settlement of the proceeding commenced by the Notice of Hearing, subject to the approval of the Commission;
AND UPON reviewing the Settlement Agreement and the Notice of Hearing and Statement of Allegations of Staff of the Commission, and upon hearing submissions from the Respondent and from Staff of the Commission;
AND WHEREAS the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this Order;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
• the Settlement Agreement dated June 16, 2004, attached hereto, is hereby approved;
• that pursuant to s.127(1) clause 1, the registration of Anderson be suspended for a period of six months from the date of this order;
• that pursuant to s.127(1) clause 2, Anderson cease trading in securities for a period of six months from the date of this order, with the exception of trading in his registered retirement savings account;
• that pursuant to s.127(1) clause 6, Anderson be reprimanded;
• that pursuant to s.127(1) clauses 7 and 8, Anderson is prohibited from acting as a director or officer of an issuer for a period of six months, and that he resign any such position he may currently hold; and
• that pursuant to s.127.1(1) and (2), Anderson be ordered to pay $15,000 as a portion of the costs related to the investigation and hearing.
DATED at Toronto this 22nd day of June, 2004
Effective July 31st, 2004
"Wendell S. Wigle"
"Harold P. Hands"
Wendell S. Wigle
Harold P. Hands