REVISED ONTARIO SECURITIES COMMISSION STAFF NOTICE 11-742 SECURITIES ADVISORY COMMITTEE
In a Notice published in the OSC Bulletin on October 23, 2014, the Commission invited applications for positions on the Securities Advisory Committee ("SAC"). SAC provides advice to the Commission and staff on a variety of matters including legislative and policy initiatives and important capital markets trends and brings various issues to the attention of the Commission and staff.
The Commission was very impressed with the number of highly qualified practitioners who applied for positions on SAC. Unfortunately, there were far more applicants than there were positions available and selection from among the group was very difficult. The Commission would like to thank everyone who applied, for their interest in serving on SAC.
The Commission is pleased to publish the names of the four new members who will be participating on SAC for the next three years.
– Blair Cowper–Smith OMERS Administration Corporation
– Sheldon Freeman Goodmans LLP
– Mindy Gilbert Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP
– Kathleen Ritchie Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP
The members of SAC have staggered terms. The continuing members of SAC are:
– Julie Shin Toronto Stock Exchange
– Judy Cotte RBC Global Asset Management
– Diana Wisner Bank of Montreal
– Ian Michael McCarthy Tétrault LLP
– Douglas Bryce Osler Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
– Carol Derk Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
– Shahen Mirakian McMillan LLP
– Sean Vanderpol Stikeman Elliott LLP
The Commission would like to take this opportunity to thank the four members of SAC, listed below, who completed their term in December 2014, having served on the Committee with great dedication over the last three years. Their advice and guidance on a range of issues has been very valuable to the Commission.
– Brad Brasser Jones Day, USA
– Jeff Davis Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
– Christopher Hewat Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
– Leslie McCallum Torys LLP
The Commission will publish a notice in Fall 2015 inviting applications for the next group of new SAC members, who will commence their terms in January 2016.
Reference: Krista Martin Gorelle
Acting General Counsel
Tel: (416) 593–3689
December 30, 2014