COMPANION POLICY 13-502CP FEES TO OSC RULE 13-502 FEES
1. Companion Policy 13-502CP Fees is changed by this Document.
2. The following is added immediately after section 7.1:
7.1.1 Moratorium on OBA Late Fee --
(1) Under paragraph 4.1(b) of National Instrument 33-109 Registration Information, a change to information previously submitted in Item 10 of Form 33-109F4 is required to be filed within 10 days of the change. The change is made by submitting a completed Form 33-109F5. Subject to the exceptions in subsection (2) and a cap contained in Appendix D, a late filing of Form 33-109F5 gives rise to a late fee of $100 per business day under subparagraph (e)(i) of Row A of Appendix D.
(2) Registrants have commented that the scope of outside business activities (OBAs) that are required to be reported under Item 10 may be unclear. We acknowledge these comments and the need for greater clarity regarding OBA reporting. Amendments to the OBA reporting regime will require a CSA initiative. To reduce regulatory burden while the reporting regime is considered, we will not require registrants to pay the $100 per day late fee in respect of updating Item 10 for the period beginning January 1, 2019 to the earlier of: (i) the first date that an amendment to NI 33-109 comes into force that sets out the circumstances in which outside business activity is required to be disclosed; and (ii) December 31, 2021. In this regard, see the definitions of "OBA amendment" and "specified day" in section 1.1, read with revised text in Column B of Row A of Appendix D.
3. This change comes into effect on July 17, 2019.