Subsection 1(11)(b) – Order that the issuer is a reporting issuer for the purposes of Ontario securities law – Issuer is already a reporting issuer in Alberta and British Columbia – Issuer's securities listed for trading on the TSX Venture Exchange – Continuous disclosure requirements in Alberta and British Columbia are substantially the same as those in Ontario – Issuer has a significant connection to Ontario.
Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, as am., s. 1(11)(b).
IN THE MATTER OF
THE SECURITIES ACT,
R.S.O. 1990, CHAPTER S.5, AS AMENDED
IN THE MATTER OF
IMPACT SILVER CORP.
UPON the application of IMPACT Silver Corp. (the Applicant) to the Ontario Securities Commission (the Commission) for an order pursuant to paragraph 1(11)(b) of the Act that the Applicant is a reporting issuer for the purposes of Ontario securities law;
AND UPON considering the application and the recommendations of the staff of the Commission;
AND UPON the Applicant representing to the Commission as follows:
1. The Applicant was incorporated under the former Company Act (British Columbia) under the name Daer Gold Mines Ltd. on December 21, 1987 and transitioned under the British Columbia Business Corporations Act on April 26, 2004. The Applicant changed its name to I.M.P.A.C.T. Minerals Inc. on November 28, 1991, to IMPACT Minerals Inter-national Inc. on August 20, 1999, and to IMPACT Silver Corp. on August 16, 2005.
2. The Applicant’s head office is located at 1100 - 543 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 1X8 and its registered office is located at 1800 – 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 0M3.
3. The authorized capital of the Applicant consists of an unlimited number of common shares without par value (the Common Shares), of which 85,566,840 Common Shares are issued and outstanding as at the date hereof.
4. The Applicant is a reporting issuer under the Securities Act (British Columbia) (the BC Act) and the Securities Act (Alberta) (the Alberta Act).
5. The British Columbia Securities Commission is the principal regulator for the Applicant and will continue to be the principal regulator for the Applicant once it has obtained reporting issuer status in Ontario.
6. As of the date hereof, the Applicant is not on the list of defaulting reporting issuers maintained pursuant to the BC Act or the Alberta Act, and is not in default of any of its obligations under the BC Act or the Alberta Act or the rules and regulations made thereunder.
7. The Applicant is not currently a reporting issuer or the equivalent in any jurisdiction in Canada other than British Columbia and Alberta.
8. The continuous disclosure requirements of the BC Act and the Alberta Act are substantially the same as the requirements under the Act.
9. The continuous disclosure materials filed by the Applicant under the BC Act and the Alberta Act since April 22, 1997 are available on the System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval (SEDAR).
10. The Applicant’s Common Shares are listed and posted for trading on the TSX Venture Exchange (TSX-V) under the symbol “IPT” and on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange under the symbol “IKL”. The Applicant’s securities are not traded on any other stock exchange or trading or quotation system.
11. The Applicant is not in default of any of the rules, regulations or policies of the TSX-V or the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
12. The TSX-V requires all of its listed issuers, which are not otherwise reporting issuers in Ontario, to assess whether they have a significant connection with Ontario, as defined in Policy 1.1 of the TSX Venture Exchange Corporate Finance Manual, and, upon first becoming aware that it has a significant connection to Ontario, to promptly make a bona fide application to the Commission to be designated a reporting issuer in Ontario.
13. The Applicant has determined that it has a significant connection to Ontario in accordance with the policies of the TSX-V as 25.77% of the Applicant’s Common Shares are held by registered and beneficial shareholders residing in Ontario.
14. The Applicant does not have a shareholder which holds sufficient securities of the Applicant to affect materially the control of the Applicant.
15. Neither the Applicant nor any of its officers or directors has:
(a) been subject to any penalties or sanctions imposed by a court relating to Canadian securities legislation or by a Canadian securities regulatory authority;
(b) entered into a settlement agreement with a Canadian securities regulatory authority; or
(c) been subject to any other penalties or sanctions imposed by a court or regulatory body that would be likely to be considered important to a reasonable investor making an investment decision.
16. Neither the Applicant nor any of its officers or directors is or has been the subject of:
(a) any known ongoing or concluded inves-tigation by a Canadian securities regulatory authority, or a court or regulatory body, other than a Canadian securities regulatory authority, that would be likely to be considered important to a reasonable investor making an investment decision; or
(b) any bankruptcy or insolvency proceed-ings, or other proceedings, arrangement or compromises with creditors, or the appointment of a receiver, receiver manager or trustee, within the preceding 10 years.
17. None of the officers or directors of the Applicant is or has been at the time of such event an officer or director of any other issuer which is or has been subject to:
(a) any cease trade or similar orders, or orders that denied access to any exemptions under Ontario securities law, for a period of more than 30 consecutive days, within the preceding 10 years; or
(b) any bankruptcy or insolvency proceed-ings, or other proceedings, arrangements or compromises with creditors, or the appointment of a receiver, receiver manager or trustee, within the preceding 10 years.
AND UPON the Commission being satisfied that to do so is in the public interest;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED pursuant to clause 1(11)(b) of the Act that the Applicant is a reporting issuer for the purposes of Ontario securities law.
DATED this 6th day of October, 2017.
Manager, Corporate Finance
Ontario Securities Commission