IN THE MATTER OF
THE SECURITIES ACT,
RSO 1990, c S.5
IN THE MATTER OF
RTG DIRECT TRADING GROUP LTD. and
RTG DIRECT TRADING LIMITED
(Subsections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act)
1. On April 28, 2016, the Financial and Consumer Affairs Authority of Saskatchewan issued an order against RTG Direct Trading Group Ltd. (“RTG Group”) and RTG Direct Trading Limited (“RTG Limited” and, together with RTG Group, the “Respondents”) which imposes sanctions, conditions, restrictions and requirements on the Respondents;
2. On August 29, 2016, Staff of the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) filed a Statement of Allegations, in which Staff seeks an inter-jurisdictional enforcement order against the Respondents pursuant to paragraph 4 of subsection 127(10) of the Securities Act, RSO 1990, c S.5 (the “Act”);
3. On August 30, 2016, the Commission issued a Notice of Hearing pursuant to subsections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Act in respect of the Statement of Allegations;
4. On September 27, 2016, the Commission issued an order granting Staff’s application to continue this proceeding by way of a written hearing;
5. Staff filed written submissions, a brief of authorities, a hearing brief and affidavits of service;
6. The Respondents did not file responding materials; and
7. The Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this Order.
IT IS ORDERED:
1. Trading in any securities or derivatives by the Respondents shall cease permanently, pursuant to paragraph 2 of subsection 127(1) of the Act;
2. Trading in any securities of the Respondents shall cease permanently, pursuant to paragraph 2 of subsection 127(1) of the Act;
3. The acquisition of any securities by the Respondents is prohibited permanently, pursuant to paragraph 2.1 of subsection 127(1) of the Act; and
4. Any exemptions contained in Ontario securities law do not apply to the Respondents permanently, pursuant to paragraph 3 of subsection 127(1) of the Act.
DATED at Toronto this 20th day of December 2016.