IN THE MATTER OF
THE SECURITIES ACT,
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5
IN THE MATTER OF
RTG DIRECT TRADING GROUP LTD. and
RTG DIRECT TRADING LIMITED
1. On August 29, 2016, Staff (“Staff”) of the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) filed a Statement of Allegations, in which Staff seeks an order against RTG Direct Trading Group Ltd. (“RTG Group Ltd.”) and RTG Direct Trading Limited (“RTG Limited”) (together, the “Respondents”), pursuant to subsections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act, RSO 1990, c S.5;
2. On August 30, 2016, the Commission issued a Notice of Hearing in respect of that Statement of Allegations, setting September 27, 2016 as the date of the hearing;
3. On September 22, 2016, Staff filed an affidavit of service sworn by Lee Crann on September 22, 2016, describing steps taken by Staff to serve the Respondents with the Notice of Hearing, Statement of Allegations and Staff’s disclosure materials;
4. At the hearing on September 27, 2016:
a. Staff appeared before the Commission and made submissions;
b. the Respondents did not appear or make submissions, although properly served; and
c. Staff applied to continue this proceeding by way of a written hearing, in accordance with Rule 11.5 of the Commission’s Rules of Procedure (2014), 37 OSCB 4168, and subsection 5.1(1) of the Statutory Powers Procedure Act, RSO 1990, c S.22; and
5. The Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order.
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
1. Staff’s application to continue this proceeding by way of a written hearing is granted;
2. Staff’s materials shall be served and filed no later than October 7, 2016;
3. The Respondents’ responding materials, if any, shall be served and filed no later than October 21, 2016; and
4. Staff’s reply materials, if applicable, shall be served and filed no later than October 28, 2016.
DATED at Toronto this 27th day of September, 2016.