IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5 AND IN THE MATTER OF AOUAD CHOUFI
1. On June 1, 2016, Staff ("Staff") of the Ontario Securities Commission (the "Commission") filed a Statement of Allegations, in which Staff seeks an order against Aouad Choufi ("Choufi"), pursuant to subsections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act;
2. On June 2, 2016, the Commission issued a Notice of Hearing in respect of that Statement of Allegations, setting June 20, 2016 as the date of the hearing;
3. On June 15, 2016, Staff filed an affidavit of service sworn by Lee Crann on June 15, 2016, describing steps taken by Staff to serve the Respondents with the Notice of Hearing, Statement of Allegations and Staff's disclosure materials;
4. At the hearing on June 20, 2016:
a. Staff appeared before the Commission and made submissions;
b. Choufi did not appear or make submissions, although properly served; and
c. Staff applied to continue this proceeding by way of a written hearing, in accordance with Rule 11.5 of the Commission's Rules of Procedure (2014), 37 OSCB 4168, and subsection 5.1(1) of the Statutory Powers Procedure Act, RSO 1990, c S.22; and
5. The Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order.
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
(a) Staff's application to continue this proceeding by way of a written hearing is granted;
(b) Staff's materials shall be served and filed no later than 5:00 p.m. EDT on June 30, 2016;
(c) Choufi's responding materials, if any, shall be served and filed no later than 5:00 p.m. EDT on July 28, 2016; and
(d) Staff's reply materials, if applicable, shall be served and filed no later than 5:00 p.m. EDT on August 11, 2016.
DATED at Toronto this 20th day of June, 2016.