IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED AND IN THE MATTER OF NEIL SURESH CHANDRAN, ENERGY TV INC., CHANDRAN HOLDING MEDIA, INC., also known as CHANDRAN HOLDINGS & MEDIA INC., and NEIL SURESH CHANDRAN doing business as CHANDRAN MEDIA
ORDER (Subsections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act)
1. on November 17, 2015, the Ontario Securities Commission (the "Commission") issued a Notice of Hearing pursuant to sections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, as amended (the "Act") in respect of Neil Suresh Chandran ("Chandran"), Energy TV Inc., Chandran Holding Media, Inc., also known as Chandran Holdings & Media Inc., and Chandran doing business as Chandra Media (collectively, the "Respondents");
2. on November 16, 2015, Staff of the Commission ("Staff") filed a Statement of Allegations in respect of the same matter;
3. on December 16, 2015, Staff appeared before the Commission in respect of Staff's application to convert the matter to a written hearing, in accordance with Rule 11.5 of the Commission's Rules of Procedure (2014), 37 OSCB 4168, and subsection 5.1(1) of the Statutory Power Procedures Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.22, as amended;
4. on December 16, 2015, Staff made submissions and filed an affidavit of service of Lee Crann sworn December 9, 2015, and a supplementary affidavit of service of Lee Crann sworn December 14, 2015, indicating steps taken by Staff to serve the Respondents with the Notice of Hearing, Statement of Allegations and Staff's disclosure materials, and filed an email exchange between Lee Crann and Chandran dated December 14, 2015;
5. the Respondents did not appear or make submissions, although properly served;
6. Staff advised that Chandran had requested an adjournment to retain counsel, and Staff did not object to Chandran's request;
7. the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
(a) the hearing in this matter is adjourned to January 11, 2016, at 10:00 a.m.
DATED at Toronto this 16th day of December, 2015.