IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED AND IN THE MATTER OF LANCE KOTTON and TITAN EQUITY GROUP LTD.
TEMPORARY ORDER (Subsection 127(8))
1. on November 6, 2015, the Ontario Securities Commission (the "Commission") ordered pursuant to subsections 127(1) and (5) of the Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5., as amended (the "Act"), that:
a. pursuant to clause 2 of subsection 127(1), trading in any securities by Lance Kotton ("Kotton") and Titan Equity Group Ltd. ("TEG") (together "the Respondents") shall cease; and
b. pursuant to clause 3 of subsection 127(1), any exemptions contained in Ontario securities law do not apply to the Respondents (the "Temporary Order");
2. the Commission further ordered that the Temporary Order shall take effect immediately and shall expire on the 15th day after its making unless extended by order of the Commission;
3. on November 9, 2015, the Commission issued a Notice of Hearing providing notice that it will hold a hearing on November 19, 2015, to consider whether, pursuant to subsections 127(7) and 127(8) of the Act, it is in the public interest for the Commission to extend the Temporary Order until the conclusion of the hearing or until such further time as considered necessary by the Commission, and to make such further orders as the Commission considers appropriate;
4. on November 16, 2015, upon application by the Commission pursuant to section 129 of the Act, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice (Commercial List) made an order (the "Appointment Order") appointing Grant Thornton Limited as receiver and manager (the "Receiver") without security, of all of the assets, undertakings and properties of Lance Kotton, TEG and other related entities;
5. the Appointment Order empowers and authorizes, but does not obligate, the Receiver to, among other things, defend all proceedings now pending with respect to Kotton and TEG and other related entities referred to in the Appointment Order;
6. the Receiver, through its counsel, advised that it does not propose to defend the within proceeding against the Respondents;
7. the Respondents, through their own counsel, consent to an extension of the Temporary Order until December 17, 2015, and without prejudice to any position that might be advanced by Kotton or TEG in the future with respect to the Temporary Order or the matters raised in the Notice of Hearing; and
8. the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this Order;
IT IS ORDERED that:
1. the Temporary Order is extended until December 17, 2015 or until further order of the Commission without prejudice to the right of Staff or the Respondents to seek to vary the Temporary Order on application to the Commission; and
2. the hearing of this matter is adjourned until December 16, 2015 at 11:30 a.m., or on such other date and time as provided by the Office of the Secretary and agreed to by the parties.
DATED at Toronto, this 19th day of November, 2015.