IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED AND IN THE MATTER OF TRAVIS MICHAEL HURST, TERRY HURST and BRYANT HURST
1. on July 2, 2015, the Ontario Securities Commission (the "Commission") issued a Notice of Hearing pursuant to sections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, as amended (the "Act") in respect of Travis Michael Hurst ("Travis"), Terry Hurst ("Terry") and Bryant Hurst ("Bryant") (collectively, the "Respondents");
2. on June 30, 2015, Staff of the Commission ("Staff") filed a Statement of Allegations in respect of the same matter;
3. on March 2, 2015, the Respondents entered into a Settlement Agreement and Undertaking with the Alberta Securities Commission (the "Settlement Agreement");
4. in the Settlement Agreement, the Respondents each agreed to certain undertakings and to be made subject to sanctions, conditions, restrictions or requirements within the province of Alberta;
5. pursuant to paragraph 5 of subsection 127(10) of the Act, an order may be made in respect of a person or company if the person or company has agreed with a securities regulatory authority, derivatives regulatory authority or financial regulatory authority, in any jurisdiction, to be made subject to sanctions, conditions, restrictions or requirements;
6. on July 22, 2015, Staff appeared before the Commission and made submissions, and filed an affidavit of service sworn by Lee Crann on July 20, 2015, indicating steps taken by Staff to serve the Respondents with the Notice of Hearing, Statement of Allegations, and Staff's disclosure materials;
7. on July 22, 2015, Bryant did not appear or make submissions, but Staff filed a consent from Bryant, consenting to the making of an order under subsection 127(10) of the Act which reciprocates the Settlement Agreement;
8. Travis and Terry did not appear or make submissions; and
9. the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the hearing in this matter is adjourned to July 24, 2015 at 10:00 a.m.
DATED at Toronto this 22nd day of July, 2015.