IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED AND IN THE MATTER OF GITC INVESTMENTS AND TRADING CANADA LTD. carrying on business as GITC INVESTMENTS AND TRADING CANADA INC. and GITC, GITC INC., and AMAL TAWFIQ ASFOUR
WHEREAS on March 12, 2015 the Ontario Securities Commission (the "Commission") issued a Notice of Hearing pursuant to sections 127 and 127.1 of the Securities Act, R.S.O., 1990 c. S.5, as amended (the "Act") in connection with a Statement of Allegations filed by Staff of the Commission ("Staff") on March 12, 2015 with respect to GITC Investments & Trading Canada Ltd. carrying on business as GITC Investments and Trading Canada Inc. and GITC, GITC Inc., and Amal Tawfiq Asfour (collectively, the "Respondents");
AND WHEREAS the Notice of Hearing set Friday April 10, 2015 as the hearing date in this matter;
AND WHEREAS on April 10, 2015, counsel for Staff and counsel for the Respondents appeared before the Commission for a First Appearance;
AND WHEREAS the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Staff shall provide disclosure to the Respondents by May 8, 2015, of documents and things in the possession or control of Staff that are relevant to the hearing;
2. The Second Appearance shall be held at the offices of the Commission located at 20 Queen Street West, 17th Floor, Toronto, Ontario commencing on Monday July 20, 2015 at 1:30 p.m. or as soon thereafter as the hearing can be held;
3. Any requests by any of the Respondents for disclosure of additional documents shall be set out in a Notice of Motion to be filed no later than 10 days before the Second Appearance;
4. Staff shall make disclosure of their witness list and summaries and indicate any intent to call an expert witness, and provide the Respondents the name of the expert and state the issue on which the expert will be giving evidence by July 13, 2015; and
5. At the Second Appearance, any motions by any of the Respondents with respect to disclosure provided by Staff will be heard or scheduled for a subsequent date.
DATED at Toronto this 10th day of April, 2015.