IN THE MATTER OF
THE SECURITIES ACT
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED
ANDREW CURRAH, COLIN HALANEN,
JOSEPH DAMM, NICHOLAS WEIR,
PENNY CURRAH AND WARREN HAWKINS
WHEREAS on July 23, 2004, the Ontario Securities Commission (the "Commission") issued a Notice of Hearing pursuant to section 127 of the Securities Act (the "Act") in respect of trading in the shares of Findore Minerals Inc.;
AND WHEREAS on October 20, 2005, Staff of the Commission filed an Amended Statement of Allegations;
AND WHEREAS Colin Halanen entered into a settlement agreement dated November 1, 2005 (the "Settlement Agreement") in relation to the matters set out in the Amended Statement of Allegations;
AND WHEREAS the Commission issued a Notice of Hearing dated November 1, 2005 setting out that it proposed to consider the Settlement Agreement;
AND WHEREAS Halanen has undertaken as part of the Settlement Agreement to complete the following workshops offered by the TSX within the next 12 months: Managing a Public Company, Venture Filing Fundamentals, Rules and Tools, and Investor Relations Fundamentals;
UPON reviewing the Settlement Agreement, the Notice of Hearing, the Amended Statement of Allegations, and upon considering submissions from Halanen and from Staff of the Commission;
AND WHEREAS the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this Order;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED, PURSUANT TO SECTIONS 127 AND 127.1 OF THE ACT, THAT:
1. The Settlement Agreement attached to this Order is approved;
2. Halanen shall cease trading in any securities for a period of 5 years, subject to the following exception:
After 2 ½ years from the date of this Order, Halanen shall be permitted to trade: (i) bonds issued by governments; (ii) guaranteed investment certificates issued by banks; (iii) mutual funds; and (iv) stocks of companies listed on a recognized exchange provided the trades are all made through a registered broker, subject to the restrictions set out in paragraph 3 below;
3. Halanen shall not be permitted to trade any security, for a period of 5 years, in which he holds, or in which he would hold as a result of the contemplated transaction, directly or indirectly through another person or company or through any person or company acting on his behalf, more than one (1) percent of the outstanding securities of the class or series of class of that company's issued and outstanding securities;
4. Subject to paragraphs 2 and 3 above, Halanen shall not be entitled to rely on the exemptions contained in s. 35 of the Securities Act and OSC Rule 45-501 for a period of 5 years;
5. Halanen shall pay costs to the Commission of its investigation, pursuant to s. 127.1 of the Act, in the amount of $15,000; and
6. The restrictions set out in paragraph 2 above shall apply to restrict Halanen from trading in accounts held in his own name or the names of his immediate family members, accounts held in trust for his immediate family members and accounts held in the name of any company controlled by Halanen or a member of his immediate family.
Dated at Toronto, Ontario this 10th day of November, 2005
"Robert L. Shirriff"
"David L. Knight"
"Carol S. Perry"