Section 83 of the Securities Act (Ontario) -issuer deemed to have ceased to be a reporting issuer underthe Act. No securityholders in Ontario.
Securities Act R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, as am.,ss. 1(1) and 83.
IN THE MATTER OF
THE SECURITIES ACT, R.S.O.
1990, CHAPTER S.5, AS AMENDED(The "Act")
IN THE MATTER OF
BFI COMMODITY FUND LIMITEDPARTNERSHIP
WHEREAS the Ontario Securities Commission(the "Commission") has received an application fromBFI Commodity Fund Limited Partnership (the "Fund")for an order pursuant to section 83 of the Act that the Fundbe deemed to have ceased to be a reporting issuer under theprovisions of the Act;
WHEREAS the Fund has represented to theCommission that:
1. The Fund is a limited partnership establishedunder the laws of the Province of Manitoba pursuant to a limitedpartnership agreement dated as of October 1, 2000, restatedas of March 30, 2001.
2. The Fund filed a long form prospectus datedApril 5, 2001 in British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario and NovaScotia. Manitoba Securities Commission was chosen as the principalregulator.
3. On April 9, 2001, the final receipt forthe long form prospectus was issued by the principal regulatorpursuant to National Policy 43-201 Mutual Reliance ReviewSystem for Prospectuses and Annual Information Forms. As aresult, the Fund became a reporting issuer in Ontario on April9, 2001.
4. At the time the receipt was issued, theauthorized unit capital of the Fund consisted of unlimitednumber of units designated as "Class A Units" ofthe Fund. The General Partner held a 0.01% interest in theFund and Debora Mazur, an initial limited partner, held 200Class A Units of the Fund. The Fund does not have any securityholdersin Ontario,
5. Subject to Paragraph 4 hereof, the Fundhas no securities, including debt securities, outstanding,
6. The offering of the Fund contemplated inthe prospectus was terminated before the offering was completed,and the Fund does not intend to seek any public financingby way of an offering of its securities in the future. Theoffering contemplated in the prospectus had a minimum offeringof $4,000,000 and the offering was expected to be closed nolater than May 4, 2001.
AND WHEREAS the Commission is satisfiedthat to do so would not prejudicial to the public interest;
IT IS ORDRED, pursuant to section 83of the Act that the Fund be deemed to have ceased to be a reportingissuer under the provisions of the Act.
October 24, 2002.
"Paul A. Dempsey"