Mutual Reliance Review Systemfor Exemptive Relief Applications - relief from the requirementthat the author of a technical report be a member of a professionalassociation in order to be considered a qualified person.
National Instruments Cited
National Instrument 43-101 -Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects, 2001 24 OSCB 303,ss. 1.2, 2.1 and 5.1.
IN THE MATTER OF
THE SECURITIES LEGISLATIONOF
ONTARIO, QUEBEC, AND ALBERTA
IN THE MATER OF
THE MUTUAL RELIANCE REVIEWSYSTEM
FOR EXEMPTIVE RELIEF APPLICATIONS
IN THE MATTER OF
TANGO MINERAL RESOURCES INC.
MRRS DECISION DOCUMENT
WHEREAS the local securitiesregulatory authority or regulator (the "Decision Maker"and collectively the "Decision Makers") in each ofOntario, Quebec, and Alberta (the "Jurisdictions")has received an application (the "Application") fromTango Mineral Resources Inc. (formerly, Southern Africa MineralsCorporation) (the "Corporation") for a decision underthe securities legislation of the Jurisdictions (the "Legislation")that: (1) the Corporation is exempt from the requirement containedin National Instrument 43-101 ("NI 43-101) that the authorof a technical report or other information upon which disclosureof a scientific or technical nature is based be a member ingood standing of a professional association in order for theauthor to be considered a "qualified person" as definedin NI 43-101 (the "Membership Qualification Requirement");and (2) the Corporation is exempt from the requirement containedin the Legislation to pay a fee in connection with the Application(the "Application Fee Requirement");
AND WHEREAS under MutualReliance Review System for Exemptive Relief Applications (the"System"), the Ontario Securities Commission is theprincipal regulator for this application;
AND WHEREAS the Corporationrepresented to the Decision Makers that:
1. The Corporation's headoffice is located at Burlington, Ontario, Canada.
2. The Corporation is a reportingissuer or the equivalent in each of the Jurisdictions andis not in default of any requirement of the Legislation.
3. The Corporation's securitiesare listed for trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
4. The Corporation is a mineralexploration company with properties in Mexico and Quebec.
5. The Corporation has retainedRobert John Fraser to author technical reports required tobe filed by the Corporation pursuant to NI 43-101 and to prepareinformation upon which the Corporation's disclosure of a scientificor technical nature may be based.
6. Robert John Fraser is amember of the Association of Geoscientists of Ontario ("AGO").AGO was a "professional association" as definedin NI 43-101 until February 1, 2002.
7. AGO is being replaced inOntario by the Association of Professional Geoscientists ofOntario ("APGO"). APGO is a "professional association"as defined in NI 43-101.
8. Robert John Fraser hasapplied to become a member of APGO and would be a "qualifiedperson" as defined in NI 43-101 except only for not yetbeing a member in good standing of a "professional association".
AND WHEREAS under theSystem, this MRRS Decision Document evidences the decision ofeach Decision Maker (collectively, the "Decision");
AND WHEREAS each of theDecision Makers is satisfied that the test contained in theLegislation that provides the Decision Makers with the jurisdictionto make the Decision has been met;
THE DECISION of the DecisionMakers under the Legislation is that the Corporation is exemptfrom the Membership Qualification Requirement and, except inQuebec, the Application Fee Requirement in connection with technicalreports or other information prepared by Robert John Fraserprovided that:
1. Robert John Fraser complieswith all other elements of the definition of "qualifiedperson" in NI 43-101; and
2. the relief in this Decisionshall terminate on the earlier of: (1) the date Robert JohnFraser becomes a member of APGO or is advised that his applicationfor membership to APGO has been denied; and (2) February 1,2003.
July 9, 2002.