Reporting issuer in Albertaand British Columbia that is listed on the TSX Venture Exchangedeemed to be a reporting issuer in Ontario.
Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990,c. S.5, as am., s. 83.1(1).
Policy 12-602 Deeming an Issuerfrom Certain Other Canadian Jurisdictions to be a ReportingIssuer in Ontario (2001) 24 OSCB 1531.
IN THE MATTER OF
THE SECURITIES ACT
R.S.O. 1990, CHAPTER S.5,AS AMENDED (the "Act")
IN THE MATTER OF
CONSOLIDATED ENVIROWASTE INDUSTRIESINC.
UPON the applicationof Consolidated Envirowaste Industries Inc. (the "Company")for an order pursuant to subsection 83.1(1) of the Act deemingthe Company to be a reporting issuer for the purposes of Ontariosecurities law;
AND UPON consideringthe application and the recommendation of the staff of the Commission;
AND UPON the Companyrepresenting to the Commission as follows:
1. the Company was incorporatedunder the Company Act (British Columbia) on September1, 1983;
2. the head office of theCompany is located in Abbotsford, British Columbia;
3. the Company has been areporting issuer under the Securities Act (BritishColumbia) (the "BC Act") since January 23, 1986and the Securities Act (Alberta) (the "AlbertaAct") since July 1, 2001, and is not in default of anyof the requirements of either the BC Act or the Alberta Act;
4. the common shares of theCompany became listed on the Vancouver Stock Exchange on May5, 1986 and continues to trade on the TSX Venture Exchangeunder the symbol "CWD"; the Company is not in defaultof any requirements of the TSX Venture Exchange;
5. the Company is not a reportingissuer under the securities legislation of any other jurisdictionin Canada;
6. the authorized capitalof the Company consists of 50,000,000 common shares withoutpar value, of which 9,913,799 common shares are issued andoutstanding as of May 1, 2002;
7. approximately 21.7% ofthe total issued common shares of the Company are registeredto shareholder whose last address on the Company's registerof shareholders was in Ontario, as at July 17, 2001;
8. the continuous disclosurerequirements of the BC Act and the Alberta Act are substantiallythe same as the requirements under Ontario securities law;
9. the continuous disclosurematerials filed by the Company under the BC Act and the AlbertaAct is comparable to the material that would have been filedin Ontario had the Company been a reporting issuer in Ontario;
10. the continuous disclosurematerials filed by the Company under the BC Act since July,1997 and under the Alberta Act since July 1, 2001 are availableon the System Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval;
11. there have not been anypenalties or sanctions imposed against the Company by a courtrelating to Canadian securities legislation or by a Canadiansecurities regulatory authority and no settlement agreementshave been entered into by the Company;
12. there have not been anypenalties or sanctions imposed against any of the Company'sofficers, directors or significant shareholders within thelast 10 years by a court relating to Canadian securities legislationor by a Canadian securities regulatory authority, nor hasany of them entered into any settlement agreement with a Canadiansecurities regulatory authority, nor have they been subjectto any other penalties or sanctions imposed by a court orregulatory body that would be likely to be considered importantto a reasonable investor making an investment decision;
13. neither the Company norany of its officers, directors, nor significant shareholders,has been subject to any known ongoing or concluded investigationsby a Canadian securities regulatory authority, or by a courtor regulatory body, other than a Canadian securities regulatoryauthority, that would be likely to be considered importantto a reasonable investor making an investment decision; orany bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings, or other proceedings,arrangements or compromises with creditors, or the appointmentof a receiver, receiver-manager or trustee, within the preceding10 years; and
14. none of the officers ordirectors or significant shareholders of the Company, withinthe past 10 years, is or has been at the time of such event,an officer or director of any other issuer which is or hasbeen subject to any cease trade or similar orders, or ordersthat denied access to any exemptions under Ontario securitieslaw, for a period of more than 30 consecutive days; or anybankruptcy or insolvency proceedings or other proceedings,arrangements or compromises with creditors, or the appointmentof a receiver, receiver-manager or trustee;
AND UPON the Commissionbeing satisfied that to do so would not be prejudicial to thepublic interest;
IT IS HEREBY ORDEREDpursuant to subsection 83.1(1) of the Act that the Company bedeemed a reporting issuer for purposes of Ontario securitieslaw.
July 2, 2002.