IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF BLACK BEAN COMMUNICATIONS LTD.
GERHARD ("GARY") R. MOHR, and JOHN FENNER
(Subsection 127(1) and 127(5))
- Black Bean Communications Ltd. ("Black Bean") is incorporated under the laws of Ontario.
- Gerhard R. Mohr ("Mohr"), also known as Gary Mohr, is the President of Black Bean, and a resident of Mississauga, Ontario.
- John Fenner ("Fenner") is affiliated with Black Bean, and currently resides in Saint Joseph, Missouri.
- Black Bean, Mohr, and Fenner have never been registered with the Ontario Securities Commission ("Commission") in any capacity.
- Black Bean and Mohr operate a Web site at www.bbean.com relating to investment opportunities and services.
- Fenner may have acted a securities broker-dealer for Black Bean.
- Black Bean, Mohr, and Fenner may have traded in securities, without being registered, contrary to section 25 of the Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, cS-5, as amended ("Act").
- The Web site appears to offer investments, which are contrary to the public interest, including prime bank instruments and Nigerian investment opportunities, among others.
David A. Brown