Mutual Reliance Review System for Exemptive Relief Applications - Issuer has onlyone security holder - issuer deemed to have ceased being a reporting issuer.
Applicable Ontario Statutory Provisions
Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.S.5, as am. s. 83.
IN THE MATTER OF THE
MUTUAL RELIANCE REVIEW SYSTEM FOR EXEMPTIVE RELIEF APPLICATIONS
IN THE MATTER OF
AMCAN CONSOLIDATED TECHNOLOGIES CORP.
MRRS DECISION DOCUMENT
WHEREAS the local securities regulatory authority or regulator (the "DecisionMaker") in each of the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario,Quebec, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland (the "Jurisdictions") has received anapplication from Amcan Consolidated Technologies Corp. (the "Filer") for a decisionunder the securities legislation of each of the Jurisdictions (the "Legislation") that theFiler be deemed to have ceased to be a reporting issuer or its equivalent under theLegislation;
AND WHEREAS under the Mutual Reliance Review System for Exemptive ReliefApplications (the "System"), the Ontario Securities Commission is the principalregulator for this application;
AND WHEREAS the Filer has represented to the Decision Makers that:
1. The Filer was originally formed under the Business Corporations Act (Ontario)(the "OBCA") by certificate and articles of arrangement dated March 28, 2000under the name Castings Acquisition Corp. ("Castings I"). As a result of thearrangement under section 182 of the OBCA (the "Arrangement") on March 28,2000, Castings acquired, among other corporations, Tritech Precision Inc.("Tritech"), a reporting issuer, or the equivalent thereof, in each of the provincesof Canada and Trimin Enterprises Inc. ("Trimin"), a reporting issuer in BritishColumbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia. Then thecompanies were amalgamated and continued as Castings Acquisition Corp.("Castings II"). On June 15, 2000, Castings II amalgamated with 3041767 NovaScotia Company, a Nova Scotia unlimited liability corporation, and theamalgamated entity continued under the name Amcan ConsolidatedTechnologies Corp..
2. As a result of the Arrangement, the Filer became a reporting issuer under theLegislation. The Filer's head office is located in Hamilton, Ontario.
3. The authorized capital of the Filer consists of an unlimited number of commonshares, of which 101 common shares (the "shares") are currently issued andoutstanding. All of the issued and outstanding shares are owned by TPIParticipations S.à r.l.
4. The Filer has issued a promissory note (the "Note") to TPI Participations S.à r.l..There is no market for the Note nor is the Note convertible into common sharesof the Filer. Other than the Shares and the Note, the Filer does not have anyother outstanding securities.
5. The common shares of Tritech and the Class A common shares of Trimin weredelisted from The Toronto Stock Exchange as at the close of business onApril 5, 2000. The Filer does not have any of its securities listed on anyexchange or organized market.
6. The Filer is not in default of any requirements under the Legislation.
7. The Filer does not intend to seek public financing by way of an offer ofsecurities.
AND WHEREAS under the System, this MRRS Decision Document evidencesthe decision of each Decision Maker (collectively, the "Decision");
AND WHEREAS each of the Decision Makers is satisfied that the test containedin the Legislation that provides the Decision Maker with the jurisdiction to make theDecision has been met;
THE DECISION of the Decision Makers under the Legislation is that the Filer isdeemed to have ceased to be a reporting issuer, or the equivalent thereof, under theLegislation.
August 29th, 2000.