IN THE MATTER OF THE REGISTRATION OF
FAST TRACK CAPITAL INC.
SUSPENSION OF REGISTRATION UNDER SECTION 28
OF THE SECURITIES ACT, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED
1. Fast Track Capital Inc. (Fast Track) is registered under the Securities Act (Ontario) (the Act) as a dealer in the category of exempt market dealer.
2. Fast Track was also registered under the securities laws of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan.
3. On September 17, 2012, staff of the Alberta Securities Commission provided Fast Track with a report (the Report) setting out the findings of a compliance review of Fast Track conducted pursuant to the Securities Act (Alberta). The Report identified numerous significant deficiencies in Fast Track’s compliance with Alberta securities laws.
4. On December 31, 2012, Fast Track consented to a suspension of its registration in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan.
5. The deficiencies identified in the Report raised serious concerns regarding whether Fast Track had the requisite integrity, proficiency, and solvency of a registered firm under the Act.
6. On January 18, 2013, on behalf of staff of the Ontario Securities Commission (Staff), George Gunn, Manager, Registrant Conduct and Risk Analysis, notified Fast Track in writing that Staff had recommended to the Director that the registration of the firm be suspended (the Notice).
7. The Notice advised Fast Track that it was entitled to an opportunity to be heard before the Director decided to accept Staff’s recommendation.
8. On January 25, 2013, Fast Track advised Staff that it was not exercising its right to an opportunity to be heard in relation to Staff’s recommendation to suspend its registration.
9. My decision is that the registration of Fast Track be suspended, effective January 30, 2013. I communicated my decision to Fast Track on January 30, 2013, and advised that these written reasons would follow.
February 1, 2013
“Marrianne Bridge”, FCA
Compliance and Registrant Regulation