NOTICE OF MINISTERIAL APPROVAL OF AMENDMENTS TO
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 81-102 INVESTMENT FUNDS,
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 81-104 COMMODITY POOLS,
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 81-101 MUTUAL FUND PROSPECTUS DISCLOSURE,
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 41-101 GENERAL PROSPECTUS REQUIREMENTS,
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 81-106 INVESTMENT FUND CONTINUOUS DISCLOSURE, AND
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 81-107 INDEPENDENT REVIEW COMMITTEE FOR INVESTMENT FUNDS
On December 6, 2018, the Ontario Minister of Finance approved amendments (the Rule Amendments) made by the Ontario Securities Commission to the following rules:
- National Instrument 81-102 Investment Funds (NI 81-102)
- National Instrument 81-104 Commodity Pools
- National Instrument 81-101 Mutual Fund Prospectus Disclosure
- National Instrument 41-101 General Prospectus Requirements
- National Instrument 81-106 Investment Fund Continuous Disclosure
- National Instrument 81-107 Independent Review Committee for Investment Funds
The Rule Amendments to NI 81-102 reflect one correction adopted by the Commission: the words “, divided by the fund’s net asset value” were deleted in subsection 2.9.1(2) of NI 81-102 before the Rule Amendments were approved by the Minister.
The Rule Amendments, as well as corresponding changes to commentaries and Companion Policies (the CP Changes), were published in Supplement 2 of the Bulletin on October 4, 2018. The same material is being published today in Chapter 5 of this Bulletin, except that today’s Chapter 5 reflects the one correction to the Rule Amendments.
The Rule Amendments and the CP Changes become effective on January 3, 2019.