IN THE MATTER OF
THE SECURITIES ACT, RSO 1990, c S.5
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF
MM CAFÉ FRANCHISE INC., TECHOCAN INTERNATIONAL CO. LTD., 1727350 ONTARIO LTD., MARIANNE GODWIN, DAVE GARNET CRAIG and HAIYAN (HELEN) GAO JORDAN
(Section 127 of the Securities Act)
- on March 23, 2016, the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) issued a Notice of Hearing pursuant to sections 127 and 127.1 of the Securities Act, RSO 1990, c S.5 (the “Act”) in relation to a Statement of Allegations filed by Staff of the Commission (“Staff”) on March 23, 2016, to consider whether it is in the public interest to make certain orders against MM Café Franchise Inc., DCL Healthcare Properties Inc., Culturalite Media Inc., Café Enterprise Toronto Inc., Techocan International Co. Ltd., 1727350 Ontario Ltd., Marianne Godwin, Dave Garnet Craig, Frank DeLuca, Elaine Concepcion and Haiyan (Helen) Gao Jordan;
- the Notice of Hearing set April 21, 2016 as the hearing date in this matter, on which date the First Appearance was held and the Commission adjourned the proceeding to a Second Appearance to be held on September 6, 2016;
- on April 29, 2016, Staff filed an Amended Statement of Allegations;
- on June 9, 2016, the Commission ordered the adjournment of the Second Appearance from September 6, 2016 to September 13, 2016;
- on July 26, 2016, Staff filed an Amended Amended Statement of Allegations withdrawing certain allegations against Haiyan (Helen) Gao Jordan and a Notice of Withdrawal wholly withdrawing the allegations against DCL Healthcare Properties Inc., Culturalite Media Inc., Café Enterprise Toronto Inc., Frank DeLuca and Elaine Concepcion;
- on September 13, 2016, the Commission adjourned the proceeding to a Third Appearance to be held on November 14, 2016;
- on November 14, 2016, the Commission adjourned the Third Appearance to continue on December 15, 2016, and ordered, among other things, that the hearing on the merits shall commence on April 19, 2017, and continue on April 20, 21, 27 and 28, May 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 23, 24, 26, 30 and 31 and June 1 and 2, 2017;
- on December 15, 2016, the Commission continued the Third Appearance and ordered, among other things, that the Final Interlocutory Appearance shall be held on March 27, 2017;
- in March 2017, the parties requested that the Final Interlocutory Appearance be adjourned to April 13, 2017; and
- the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order;
IT IS ORDERED that:
- the Final Interlocutory Appearance is adjourned to April 13, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. or such other date as may be agreed to by the parties and set by the Office of the Secretary.
DATED at Toronto this 23rd day of March, 2017.
" Janet Leiper"