IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5 AS AMENDED
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF MM CAFÉ FRANCHISE INC., DCL HEALTHCARE PROPERTIES INC., CULTURALITE MEDIA INC., CAFÉ ENTERPRISE TORONTO INC., TECHOCAN INTERNATIONAL CO. LTD., 1727350 ONTARIO LTD., MARIANNE GODWIN, DAVE GARNET CRAIG, FRANK DELUCA, ELAINE CONCEPCION and HAIYAN (HELEN) GAO JORDAN
(Sections 127 of the Securities Act)
- on March 23, 2016, the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) issued a Notice of Hearing pursuant to sections 127 and 127.1 of the Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c S.5, as amended (the “Act”) in relation to a Statement of Allegations filed by Staff of the Commission (“Staff”) on March 23, 2016, to consider whether it is in the public interest to make certain orders against MM Café Franchise Inc. (“MMCF”), DCL Healthcare Properties Inc. (“DCL”), Culturalite Media Inc. (“Culturalite”), Café Enterprise Toronto Inc. (“CET”), Techocan International Co. Ltd. (“Techocan”), 1727350 Ontario Ltd. (“1727350”), Marianne Godwin (“Godwin”), Dave Garnet Craig (“Craig”), Frank DeLuca (“DeLuca”), Elaine Concepcion (“Concepcion”) and Haiyan (Helen) Gao Jordan (“Jordan”) (the “Respondents”);
- the Notice of Hearing set April 21, 2106 as the hearing date in this matter;
- on April 21, 2016, counsel for Staff and counsel for DCL, CET, Techocan, 1727350, Godwin, Craig, DeLuca and Jordan appeared before the Commission and made submissions and no one appeared on behalf of MMCF, Concepcion and Culturalite, although properly served;
- on April 21, 2016, the Commission ordered that:
- Staff shall disclose to the Respondents documents and things in the possession or control of Staff that are relevant to the hearing by May 20, 2016;
- Staff shall provide to the Respondents its witness list and witness summaries and indicate any intent to call an expert witness including the name of the expert witness and the issue on which the expert will be giving evidence by August 25, 2016;
- This proceeding is adjourned to a Second Appearance to be held at the offices of the Commission located at 20 Queen Street West, 17th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, commencing September 6, 2016 at 3:30 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the hearing can be held;
- on June 7, 2016, a request was made that the Second Appearance be adjourned to September 13, 2016 and the parties consented to this request;
- the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order.
IT IS ORDERED that:
- The hearing date scheduled for September 6, 2016 is vacated;
- The Second Appearance shall be held at the offices of the Commission located at 20 Queen Street West, 17th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, commencing September 13, 2016 at 3:30 p.m.
DATED at Toronto this 9th day of June, 2016.
" Janet Leiper"