IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT,
RSO 1990, c S.5
- AND -
IN THE MATTER OF
ROBERT LAUDY WILLIAMS
(Subsections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Act)
- on September 28, 2015, the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) issued a Notice of Hearing in this matter, in respect of a Statement of Allegations filed by Enforcement Staff (“Staff”) of the Commission on September 28, 2015, in which Staff requested that the Commission make an order against Robert Laudy Williams (“Williams”) pursuant to subsection 127(1) of the Securities Act (the “Act”);
- Staff served and filed written submissions on November 3, 2015, and Williams did not respond to Staff’s submissions;
- Williams is subject to an order made by a securities regulatory authority that imposes sanctions, conditions, restrictions or requirements on him, within the meaning of paragraph 4 of subsection 127(10) of the Act; and
- the Commission is of the opinion it is in the public interest to make this order;
IT IS ORDERED that:
- pursuant to paragraphs 2 and 2.1 of subsection 127(1) of the Act, trading in or acquisition of any securities by Williams shall cease until May 7, 2017, except that he may trade securities in his own name through a registrant if he first provides a copy of this order of the Commission to the registrant;
- pursuant to paragraphs 8 and 8.2 of subsection 127(1) of the Act, Williams is prohibited until May 7, 2017, from becoming or acting as an officer or director of any issuer or registrant; and
- pursuant to paragraph 8.5 of subsection 127(1) of the Act, Williams is prohibited until May 7, 2017 from becoming or acting as a registrant or promoter.
Dated at Toronto this 4th day of May, 2016.
"Timothy Moseley "