IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT,
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF STEVEN J. MARTEL,
MARTEL GROUP OF COMPANIES INC., 8446997 CANADA INC.,
MAN CAMP MASTER LIMITED PARTNERSHIP, MAN CAMP LIMITED PARTNERSHIP #1, MAN CAMP LIMITED PARTNERSHIP #2, MAN CAMP LIMITED PARTNERSHIP #3 and MAN CAMP LIMITED PARTNERSHIP #4
(Section 127 of the Securities Act)
- on March 29, 2016, the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) issued a Notice of Hearing pursuant to sections 127 and 127.1 of the Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, as amended (the “Act”), in relation to a Statement of Allegations filed by Staff of the Commission (“Staff”) on March 29, 2016, to consider whether it is in the public interest to make certain orders against Man Camp Master Limited Partnership (“MCMLP”), Man Camp Limited Partnership #1 (“MCLP1”), Man Camp Limited Partnership #2 (“MCLP2”), Man Camp Limited Partnership #3 (“MCLP3”), Man Camp Limited Partnership #4 (“MCLP4”) (together, the “MCLPs”), Steven J. Martel (“Martel”), Martel Group of Companies Inc. (“MGC”), and 8446997 Canada Inc. (“8446997”) (together with the MCLPs, the “Respondents”);
- the Notice of Hearing set April 15, 2016 as the hearing date in this matter;
- on April 15, 2016, Staff and an agent for Martel attended the hearing and no one appeared on behalf of the other Respondents, although properly served;
- the Panel considered the submissions of Staff and the agent for Martel and the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order;
IT IS ORDERED that:
- Staff shall provide disclosure to the Respondents by May 13, 2016, of documents and things in the possession or control of Staff that are relevant to the hearing;
- that this matter be adjourned to a second appearance on August 10, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. or to such other date as may be agreed to by the parties and set by the Office of the Secretary; and
- that at least five (5) days before the next hearing date, Staff will provide the Respondents with their witness lists and indicate any intent to call an expert witness, including the name of the expert witness and the issue on which the expert will be giving evidence.
DATED at Toronto, this 15th day of April, 2016.
" D. Grant Vingoe"
D. Grant Vingoe
D. Grant Vingoe