IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED
IN THE MATTER OF
BRADON TECHNOLOGIES LTD., JOSEPH COMPTA,
ENSIGN CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS INC.
and TIMOTHY GERMAN
- On October 3, 2013, the Commission issued a Notice of Hearing pursuant to sections 127 and 127.1 of the Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, as amended, accompanied by a Statement of Allegations dated October 3, 2013, issued by Staff of the Commission (“Staff”) with respect to Bradon Technologies Ltd. (“Bradon”), Joseph Compta (“Compta”), Ensign Corporate Communications Inc. (“Ensign”) and Timothy German (“German”) (collectively, the “Respondents”);
- The Commission conducted the hearing on the merits on December 1, 5 and 8 to 12, 2014 and February 11 and 24, 2015;
- The Commission issued its Reasons and Decision on the merits on July 21, 2015 (the “Merits Decision”);
- In the Merits Decision, the Commission found that (i) German and Ensign breached sections 25(1), 53(1), 38(1)(a) and 126.1(b) of the Act; (ii) Compta and Bradon breached section 126.1(b) of the Act; and (iii) the Respondents acted contrary to the public interest;
- On November 11, 2015, the Commission held a pre-hearing conference to schedule the hearing on sanctions and costs;
- Staff, counsel for Compta and Bradon, and German on behalf of himself and Ensign, attended the pre-hearing conference and made submissions; and
- Upon considering the submissions of Staff and the Respondents, the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
- Staff will serve and file Staff’s written submissions on sanctions and costs by December 9, 2015;
- The Respondents will serve and file their written submissions on sanctions and costs by January 15, 2016;
- Staff will serve and file Staff’s reply submissions, if any, by January 22, 2016;
- Staff will prepare and file a joint book of documents and transcript excerpts by January 29, 2016, provided the Respondents advise Staff of the exhibits and excerpts they wish to include by January 26, 2016;
- The parties will advise the Registrar by February 5, 2016 if there is a need for a further pre-hearing conference; and
- The hearing on sanctions and costs will take place on February 25, 2016 at 10:00 a.m.
DATED at Toronto this 13th day of November, 2015.
" Christopher Portner "