IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT,
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF
MARK ALLEN DENNIS
(Subsection 127(1) of the Securities Act)
- on September 28, 2015, Staff (“Staff”) of the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) filed a Statement of Allegations, in which Staff sought an order against Mark Allen Dennis (“Dennis”) pursuant to subsection 127(1) of the Securities Act (the “Act”);
- on September 30, 2015, the Commission issued a Notice of Hearing in respect of that Statement of Allegations, setting October 27, 2015, as the date of the hearing;
- at the hearing on October 27, 2015,
- Staff appeared before the Commission and made submissions, and filed:
- an affidavit sworn by Cameron Gaines on October 19, 2015 and an affidavit sworn by Lee Crann on October 20, 2015, both of which described steps taken by Staff to serve Dennis with the Notice of Hearing, Statement of Allegations, and Staff’s disclosure materials;
- an affidavit of Allister Field sworn October 20, 2015;
- an affidavit of Allister Field sworn October 21, 2015; and
- a copy of an email from Dennis to Clare Devlin dated October 23, 2015, in which Dennis indicated that he had received Staff’s materials, that he would not be able to attend the hearing on October 27, and that he did not object to the hearing being held in writing; and
- Dennis did not appear although properly served; and
- Staff applied to continue this proceeding by way of a written hearing; and
- the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
- Staff’s application to continue this proceeding by way of a written hearing is granted;
- Staff’s materials shall be served and filed no later than November 5, 2015;
- Dennis’s responding materials, if any, shall be served and filed no later than December 4, 2015; and
- Staff’s reply materials, if any, shall be served and filed no later than December 18, 2015.
DATED at Toronto this 27th day of October, 2015.
"Timothy Moseley "