IN THE MATTER OF
THE SECURITIES ACT, RSO 1990, c S.5
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF
ROBERT BRUCE RUSH and
BREAKTHROUGH FINANCIAL INC.
- On May 9, 2016, Staff (“Staff”) of the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) filed a Statement of Allegations, in which Staff seeks an order against Robert Bruce Rush (“Rush”) and Breakthrough Financial Inc. (“Breakthrough”) (collectively, the “Respondents”), pursuant to subsections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act;
- On May 11, 2016, the Commission issued a Notice of Hearing in respect of that Statement of Allegations, setting May 30, 2016 as the date of the hearing;
- On May 25, 2016, Staff filed an affidavit of service sworn by Lee Crann on May 25, 2016, describing steps taken by Staff to serve the Respondents with the Notice of Hearing, Statement of Allegations and Staff’s disclosure materials;
- At the hearing on May 30, 2016:
- Staff appeared before the Commission and made submissions;
- The Respondents did not appear or make submissions, although properly served; and
- Staff applied to continue this proceeding by way of a written hearing, in accordance with Rule 11.5 of the Commission’s Rules of Procedure (2014), 37 OSCB 4168, and subsection 5.1(1) of the Statutory Powers Procedure Act, RSO 1990, c S.22; and
- The Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order.
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
- Staff’s application to continue this proceeding by way of a written hearing is granted;
- Staff’s materials shall be served and filed no later than June 9, 2016;
- The Respondents’ responding materials, if any, shall be served and filed no later than July 7, 2016; and
- Staff’s reply materials, if applicable, shall be served and filed no later than July 21, 2016.
DATED at Toronto this 30th day of May, 2016.
" Janet Leiper "