IN THE MATTER OF THE COMMODITY FUTURES ACT
R.S.O. 1990, c. C.20, AS AMENDED
- AND -
IN THE MATTER OF FAWAD UL HAQ KHAN and
KHAN TRADING ASSOCIATES INC. carrying on business as MONEY PLUS
WHEREAS on December 20, 2012, the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) issued a Notice of Hearing pursuant to sections 60 and 60.1 of the Commodity Futures Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.20, as amended, in connection to a Statement of Allegations filed by Staff of the Commission (“Staff”) on December 19, 2012, in respect of Fawad Ul Haq Khan (“Khan”) and Khan Trading Associates Inc. carrying on business as Money Plus (“KTA” and, together with Khan, the “Respondents”);
AND WHEREAS on January 28, 2014, Staff filed an Amended Statement of Allegations;
AND WHEREAS the Commission held the hearing on the merits which began in May, 2014 and continued over the course of approximately 20 days until October, 2014;
AND WHEREAS on December 29, 2014, the Commission issued its Reasons and Decision on the merits in this matter;
AND WHEREAS the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order;
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
- Staff shall serve and file its written submissions on sanctions and costs by February 6, 2015;
- The Respondents shall serve and file their written submissions on sanctions and costs by March 6, 2015;
- Staff shall serve and file any reply submissions on sanctions and costs by March 20, 2015;
- The hearing to determine sanctions and costs against the Respondents will be held at the offices of the Commission at 20 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario, on April 13, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. or such further or other dates as agreed by the parties and set by the Office of the Secretary; and
- Upon the failure of any party to attend at the time and place aforesaid, the hearing may proceed in the absence of that party, and such party is not entitled to any further notice of the proceedings.
DATED at Toronto this 29th day of December, 2014.
"Vern Krishna "
Vern Krishna, Q.C.
"James D. Carnwath "
James D. Carnwath, Q.C.