IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT,
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF
VINCENZO (VINCENT) SIRIANNI
(Subsections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act)
WHEREAS on June 25, 2013, the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) issued a Notice of Hearing pursuant to subsections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, as amended (the “Act”) in respect of Vincenzo (Vincent) Sirianni (“Sirianni”);
AND WHEREAS on June 24, 2013, Staff of the Commission (“Staff”) filed a Statement of Allegations in respect of the same matter;
AND WHEREAS on July 9, 2013, Staff filed an affidavit of Lee Crann, a law clerk for the Commission, sworn on July 4, 2013, confirming service on Sirianni of the Notice of Hearing, the Statement of Allegations and Staff’s disclosure;
AND WHEREAS on July 9, 2013, the Commission heard an application by Staff to convert the matter to a written hearing, in accordance with Rule 11.5 of the Commission’s Rules of Procedure (2012), 35 OSCB 10071, and section 5.1 of the Statutory Powers Procedure Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.22, as amended;
AND WHEREAS Sirianni did not appear, although properly served;
AND WHEREAS the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
- Staff’s application to proceed by way of written hearing is granted.
- Staff’s materials in respect of the written hearing shall be filed no later than July 23, 2013.
- Staff shall be relieved from the requirement to serve Sirianni with any authorities upon which Staff relies that are contained in the Commission’s Book of Authorities, and where Staff relies on any such authorities, Staff shall provide Sirianni with written instructions on how to access the relevant cases on the Commission’s website.
- Sirianni’s responding materials, if any, shall be served and filed no later than August 6, 2013.
- Staff’s reply materials, if any, shall be served and filed no later than August 13, 2013.
DATED at Toronto this 9th day of July, 2013.
James E. A. Turner