IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT,
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5 AS AMENDED
- AND -
IN THE MATTER OF
BLACKWOOD & ROSE INC., STEVEN ZETCHUS and JUSTIN KAY
Sections 127(1) and 127(5)
WHEREAS it appears to the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) that:
- Blackwood & Rose Inc. (“Blackwood”) is a Canadian corporation with a business address in Ontario;
- Steven Zetchus (“Zetchus”) is an Ontario resident and the sole director of Blackwood;
- Justin Kay (“Kay”) is an Ontario resident and a representative of Blackwood;
- Blackwood, Zetchus and Kay may have engaged in or held themselves out as engaging in the business of trading in securities;
- None of Blackwood, Zetchus or Kay (the “Respondents”) are registered in accordance with Ontario securities law as a dealer or are exempt under Ontario securities law from the requirement to comply with subsection 25(1) of the Act; and
- Staff are continuing to investigate the conduct described above;
AND WHEREAS the Commission is of the opinion that the time required to conclude a hearing could be prejudicial to the public interest as set out in subsection 127(5) of the Act;
AND WHEREAS the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this Order;
IT IS ORDERED that pursuant to clause 2 of subsection 127(1) of the Act, that:
(a) all trading by Blackwood shall cease;
(b) all trading by Zetchus shall cease; and
(c) all trading by Kay shall cease.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that pursuant to clause 3 of subsection 127(1) of the Act, that any exemptions contained in Ontario securities law do not apply to any of the Respondents; and
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that pursuant to subsection 127(6) of the Act, this Order shall take effect immediately and shall expire on the 15th day after its making unless extended by Order of the Commission.
DATED at Toronto this 18 day of December, 2012.
Mary G. Condon