IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT,
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5 AS AMENDED
- AND -
ALEXANDER CHRIST DOULIS
(aka ALEXANDER CHRISTOS DOULIS,
aka ALEXANDROS CHRISTODOULIDIS)
and LIBERTY CONSULTING LTD.
(Section 127 of the Securities Act;
Ontario Securities Commission Rules of Procedure (2010), 33 O.S.C.B. 8017)
WHEREAS on January 14, 2011, the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) issued a Notice of Hearing, returnable on March 10, 2011, in relation to a Statement of Allegations brought by Staff of the Commission (“Staff”) with respect to Alexander Christ Doulis (also known as Alexander Christos Doulis, also known as Alexandros Christodoulidis) (“Doulis”) and Liberty Consulting Ltd. (“Liberty”);
AND WHEREAS on March 10, 2011, the Commission heard an application by Staff for a temporary order, pursuant to section 127 of the Act, and the Commission reserved its decision;
AND WHEREAS on September 9, 2011, the Commission ordered (the “Temporary Order”) that:
- Pursuant to paragraph 2 of subsection 127(1) of the Act and subsection 127(2) of the Act, Doulis and Liberty shall cease trading in any securities, except for the benefit of Doulis personally or that of his spouse, Sally Doulis;
- Pursuant to paragraph 3 of subsection 127(1) of the Act, any exemptions contained in Ontario securities law do not apply to Doulis and Liberty; and
- This Order shall take effect immediately and remain in effect until the completion of the Merits Hearing or until further order of the Commission.
AND WHEREAS on April 12, 2012, at a status update hearing, the Commission ordered that this matter should return before the Commission on May 29, 2012 for a Pre-Hearing Conference;
AND WHEREAS on May 29, 2012, the Pre-Hearing Conference was adjourned to June 12, 2012;
AND WHEREAS on June 12, 2012, on the consent of Staff and counsel for Doulis, the Pre-Hearing Conference was adjourned to June 26, 2012;
AND WHEREAS on June 26, 2012, a Pre-Hearing Conference was held, and on the consent of Staff and counsel for Doulis, the hearing on the merits (“Merits Hearing”) was scheduled for February 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11 and 13, 2013, and the Pre-Hearing Conference was adjourned to be continued on August 17, 2012;AND WHEREAS on August 17, 2012, a Pre-Hearing Conference was held, and on the consent of Staff and counsel for Doulis, the Pre-Hearing Conference was adjourned to be continued on September 18, 2012, at 4:00 p.m.;
AND WHEREAS on September 13, 2012, Staff advised the Commission that Staff and counsel for Doulis and Liberty agreed that the Pre-Hearing Conference scheduled for September 18, 2012 should be vacated and the matter continued to the Merits Hearing;
AND WHEREAS the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
- the Pre-Hearing Conference scheduled for September 18, 2012 is vacated; and
- this matter shall be continued to the Merits Hearing, which is scheduled to commence on February 4, 2013.
DATED at Toronto this 14th day of September, 2012.