R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED
ROBERT PATRICK ZUK, DANE ALAN WALTON
DEREK REID, IVAN DJORDJEVIC,
DANIEL DAVID DANZIG,
DEREK REID and DANIEL DAVID DANZIG
WHEREAS at a pre-hearing conference on February 2, 2006, a hearing on the merits was scheduled to commence on November 6, 2006;
AND WHEREAS by notice dated October 3, 2006, Staff of the Commission withdrew their allegations against Daniel Danzig;
AND WHEREAS Robert Zuk served a Notice of Election to Act in Person on October 18, 2006;
AND WHEREAS by Order dated October 26, 2006, the Commission granted counsel for Derek Reid leave to withdraw as counsel of record;
AND WHEREAS on October 30, 2006, Derek Reid requested an adjournment of the hearing for a period of six months;
AND WHEREAS, on consent of all parties on November 1, 2006, the hearing was adjourned from November 6, 2006 to November 7, 2006 due to Robert Zuk’s unavailability on November 6, 2006;
AND WHEREAS Dane Walton served a Notice of Election to Act in Person on November 2, 2006;
AND WHEREAS Ivan Djordjevic has advised that he intends to act in person;
AND WHEREAS the respondents have advised that they do not oppose Derek Reid’s adjournment request;
AND WHEREAS Staff of the Commission (“Staff”) have advised that Staff do not oppose the adjournment request because the respondents have made certain representations, which the respondents have confirmed, as follows:
- that the respondents will not allege that they have been prejudiced by the adjournment;
- that the respondents will attend monthly pre-hearing conferences to be scheduled through the Office of the Secretary to the Commission commencing in January 2007;
- that the respondents Robert Zuk, Dane Walton, Derek Reid and Ivan Djordjevic will, during the period of the adjournment, provide Staff with monthly brokerage account statements for all accounts in their own name or for accounts over which they hold trading authority;
AND WHEREAS Staff have advised that Staff will take steps to obtain similar monthly brokerage account statements for the respondent Matthew Coleman during the adjournment period;
AND WHEREAS Staff have advised that Staff have obtained and served summonses to witness, requiring witnesses to attend the hearing on November 6, 2006;
AND WHEREAS Rule 2 of the Rules of Practice of the Ontario Securities Commission permits a pre-hearing Commissioner to make Orders with respect to the conduct of the proceeding;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
- The hearing of this matter on the merits is hereby adjourned on a peremptory basis to be heard between March 26 and May 18, 2007, with the exception of the following dates: April 3, 6, 17, May 1, 15 and the week of May 7, 2007.
- Witnesses who have been summoned to attend the hearing on November 6, 2006 are no longer required to attend on that date, but are now required to attend on March 26, 2007. All other terms of the summonses to witness, as served, remain in full force and effect.
- Staff shall notify each witness under summons of the change in the effective date of the summons by providing a copy of this Order and an explanatory letter to the witness by courier to the witness at the address where the witness was served with the summons.
Dated at Toronto this 3rd day of November, 2006.
“Robert W. Davis”
Robert W. Davis