R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED
IN THE MATTER OF THE JUNIPER FUND MANAGEMENT CORPORATION,
JUNIPER INCOME FUND, JUNIPER EQUITY GROWTH FUND AND ROY BROWN
WHEREAS it appears to the Ontario Securities Commission that:
- The Juniper Fund Management Corporation (“JFM”) is the fund manager, trustee and fund administrator of two mutual funds, the Juniper Income Fund and the Juniper Equity Growth Fund (the “Funds”);
- The Funds are reporting issuers in Ontario;
- Roy Brown is the president, chief executive officer and a director of JFM;
- Staff of the Commission has been conducting a focused compliance review into JFM’s role as fund manager for the Funds and their compliance with Ontario securities law;
- Staff has identified apparent deficiencies with the Funds’ accounting, governance practices and books and records;
- The Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this Order; and
- The Commission is of the opinion that the length of time required to conclude a hearing in this matter could be prejudicial to the public interest.
AND WHEREAS by Commission order made November 1, 2005 pursuant to section 3.5(3) of the Act, any one of W. David Wilson, Susan Wolburgh Jenah and Paul M. Moore, acting alone, is authorized to make orders under section 127 of the Act;
IT IS ORDERED that pursuant to clause 2 of section 127(1) of the Act, trading in the securities of the Juniper Income Fund and the Juniper Equity Growth Fund shall cease;
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that pursuant to section 127(6) of the Act, this order shall take effect immediately and shall expire on the 15th day after its making unless extended by the Commission.
Dated at Toronto this 8th day of March, 2006.
“Paul M. Moore”