In the matter
of the Securities Act
In the matter of
WHEREAS on November 14, 2003, the Ontario Securities Commission issued a Notice of Hearing under sections 127 and 127.1 of the Securities Act in respect Jonathan Carley.
WHEREAS Carley signed a settlement agreement on November 14, 2003, in which he agreed to a proposed settlement of the proceeding, subject to the approval of the Commission;
AND UPON reviewing the settlement agreement and the Statement of Allegations of Staff and upon hearing submissions of counsel for Carley and of Staff;
AND WHEREAS the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this Order;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
- The settlement agreement attached is approved;
- Jonathan Carley is reprimanded;
- Jonathan Carley is prohibited from trading in any securities for a period of eighteen months;
- Jonathan Carley shall pay $89,400 to the Commission to be allocated to such third parties as the Commission may determine for purposes that benefit Ontario investors; and
- Jonathan Carley shall pay $20,000 costs to the Commission.
DATED at Toronto this 10th day of December, 2003
"H. Lorne Morphy"