IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT,
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED
- AND –
IN THE MATTER OF
LANCE KOTTON and TITAN EQUITY GROUP LTD.
NOTICE OF HEARING
(Subsections 127(7) and 127(8) of the Securities Act)
WHEREAS on November 6, 2015, the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) issued a temporary order (the “Temporary Order”) pursuant to subsections 127(1) and 127(5) of the Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, as amended (the “Act”) ordering the following:
- pursuant to clause 2 of subsection 127(1), trading in any securities by Lance Kotton (“Kotton”) and Titan Equity Group Ltd. (“TEG”) TEG shall cease;
- pursuant to clause 3 of subsection 127(1), any exemptions contained in Ontario securities law do not apply to Kotton or TEG; and
- pursuant to subsection 127(6) of the Act, this Order shall take effect immediately and shall expire on the 15th day after its making unless extended by the Commission;
TAKE NOTICE THAT the Commission will hold a Hearing (the “Hearing”) pursuant to subsections 127(7) and (8) of the Act at the offices of the Commission at 20 Queen Street West, 17th Floor Hearing Room, in the City of Toronto, on November 19 , 2015 at 10:00 a.m. or as soon thereafter as the Hearing can be held;
TO CONSIDER whether it is in the public interest for the Commission:
- to extend the Temporary Order pursuant to subsections 127(7) and 127(8) of the Act until the conclusion of hearing or until such further time as considered necessary by the Commission; and
- to make such further orders as the Commission considers appropriate;
BY REASON OF the facts recited in the Temporary Order and of such allegations and evidence as counsel may advise and the Commission may permit;
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that any party to the proceeding may be represented by counsel at the Hearing;
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that upon failure of any party to attend at the time and place aforesaid, the Hearing may proceed in the absence of that party and such party is not entitled to further notice of the proceeding;
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that the Notice of Hearing is also available in French, participation may be in either French or English and participants must notify the Secretary’s Office in writing as soon as possible, and in any event, at least thirty (30) days before a hearing if the participant is requesting a proceeding to be conducted wholly or partly in French; and
ET AVIS EST ÉGALEMENT DONNÉ PAR LA PRÉSENTE que l'avis d'audience est disponible en français, que la participation à l'audience peut se faire en français ou en anglais et que les participants doivent aviser le Bureau du secrétaire par écrit le plus tôt possible et, dans tous les cas, au moins trente (30) jours avant l'audience si le participant demande qu'une instance soit tenue entièrement ou partiellement en français.
DATED at Toronto, this 9th day of November, 2015.
Secretary to the Commission