IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT,
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF
NOTICE OF HEARING
(Subsections 127(1) and 127(10))
TAKE NOTICE THAT the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) will hold a hearing pursuant to subsections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, as amended (the “Act”), at the offices of the Commission, 20 Queen Street West, 17th Floor, commencing on April 28, 2015 at 11:00 a.m.;
TO CONSIDER whether, pursuant to paragraph 1 of subsection 127(10) of the Act, it is in the public interest for the Commission to make an order:
- against Andre Lewis (“Lewis”) that:
- pursuant to paragraph 2 of subsection 127(1) of the Act, trading in any securities by Lewis cease permanently;
- pursuant to paragraph 2.1 of subsection 127(1) of the Act, acquisition of any securities by Lewis be prohibited permanently;
- pursuant to paragraph 3 of subsection 127(1) of the Act, any exemptions contained in Ontario securities law shall not apply to Lewis permanently;
- pursuant to paragraphs 7, 8.1 and 8.3 of subsection 127(1) of the Act, Lewis resign any positions that he holds as director or officer of any issuer, registrant or investment fund manager;
- pursuant to paragraphs 8, 8.2 and 8.4 of subsection 127(1) of the Act, Lewis be prohibited permanently from becoming or acting as an officer or director of any issuer, registrant or investment fund manager; and
- pursuant to paragraph 8.5 of subsection 127(1) of the Act, Lewis be prohibited permanently from becoming or acting as a registrant, as an investment fund manager or as a promoter;
- to make such other order or orders as the Commission considers appropriate.
BY REASON of the allegations set out in the Statement of Allegations of Staff of the Commission dated April 1, 2015, and such additional allegations as counsel may advise and the Commission may permit;
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that at the hearing on April 28, 2015 at 11:00 a.m., Staff will bring an application to proceed with the matter by written hearing, in accordance with Rule 11 of the Ontario Securities Commission Rules of Procedure (2014), 37 OSCB 4168 and section 5.1 of the Statutory Powers Procedure Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. S.22, as amended, and any party to the proceeding may make submissions in respect of the application to proceed by written hearing;
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that any party to the proceeding may be represented by counsel if that party attends or submits evidence at the hearing;
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that upon failure of any party to attend at the time and place aforesaid, the hearing may proceed in the absence of the party and such party is not entitled to any further notice of the proceeding.
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that the Notice of Hearing is also available in French, participation may be in either French or English and participants must notify the Secretary’s Office in writing as soon as possible, and in any event, at least thirty (30) days before a hearing if the participant is requesting a proceeding to be conducted wholly or partly in French; and
ET AVIS EST ÉGALEMENT DONNÉ PAR LA PRÉSENTE que l'avis d'audience est disponible en français, que la participation à l'audience peut se faire en français ou en anglais et que les participants doivent aviser le Bureau du secrétaire par écrit le plut tôt possible et, dans tous les cas, au moins trente (30) jours avant l'audience si le participant demande qu'une instance soit tenue entièrement ou partiellement en français.
DATED at Toronto this 1st day of April, 2015.
Secretary to the Commission