IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT
R.S.O. 1990, c.S.5, AS AMENDED
IN THE MATTER OF PATRICK GOUVEIA,
ANDREW PETERS, RONALD PERRYMAN AND
NOTICE OF HEARING
TAKE NOTICE that the Ontario Securities Commission will hold a hearing pursuant to section 127 of the Securities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.S.5, as amended, at the offices of the Commission, 20 Queen Street West, 17th Floor, in the Large Hearing Room, Toronto, Ontario commencing on Friday, July 9, 2004 at 10:00 a.m. or soon thereafter as the hearing can be held;
TO CONSIDER whether, pursuant to sections 127 and 127.1 of the Act, it is in the public interest for the Commission to make an order that:
- the respondents cease trading securities permanently or for such period as the commission may order;
- the exemptions contained in Ontario securities law do not apply to the respondents permanently or for such period as the Commission may order;
- the respondents resign any positions they hold as a director or officer of any issuer;
- the respondents be prohibited from becoming or acting as a director or officer of any issuer permanently or for such period as the Commission may order;
- the respondents be reprimanded;
- the respondents pay the costs of staff's investigation and this proceeding; and
- such other order as the Commission may deem appropriate;
BY REASON of the allegations set out in the Statement of Allegations and such additional allegations as counsel may advise and the Commission may permit.
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that any party to the proceeding may be represented by counsel if that party attends or submits evidence at the hearing;
AND FURTHER TAKE NOTICE that in the event that any party fails to attend, the hearing may proceed in the absence of that party and such party is not entitled to any further notice of the proceeding.
DATED at Toronto this 2nd day of June, 2004.
Secretary to the Commission