Notice from the
20 Queen St. W.
Toronto, ON M5H 3S8
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 12, 2017
IN THE MATTER OF
THE SECURITIES ACT, RSO 1990, c S.5
- AND -
IN THE MATTER OF STEVEN J. MARTEL,
MARTEL GROUP OF COMPANIES INC. and 8446997 CANADA INC.
TORONTO – The Commission issued an Order in the above named matter which provides that Martel’s motion seeking a stay of proceedings shall be heard on April 27, 2017 at 10:00 a.m., or such other date as may be agreed to by the parties and set by the Office of the Secretary, and the parties shall adhere to the following timeline for the exchange of materials:
- Martel shall serve and file an amended notice of motion accompanied by a motion record no later than February 6, 2017;
- Staff shall serve and file a responding motion record no later than February 24, 2017;
- cross-examinations on affidavits, if any, will be conducted during the week of March 6, 2017;
- Martel shall serve and file a memorandum of fact and law no later than March 29, 2017;
- Staff shall serve and file a responding memorandum of fact and law no later than April 13, 2017; and
- Martel shall serve and file a reply memorandum of fact and law, if any, no later than April 20, 2017.
OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY
SECRETARY TO THE COMMISSION
|For media inquiries:
|For Investor Inquiries:||OSC Contact Centre
1-877-785-1555 (Toll Free)