IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT, RSO 1990, c S.5 AND IN THE MATTER OF DANISH AKHTAR SOLEJA, DANSOL INTERNATIONAL INC., GRAPHITE FINANCE INC., PARKVIEW LIMITED PARTNERSHIP, and 1476634 ALBERTA LTD.
1. On December 14, 2016, Staff ("Staff") of the Ontario Securities Commission (the "Commission") filed a Statement of Allegations seeking an order against Danish Akhtar Soleja ("Soleja"), Dansol International Inc. ("Dansol"), Graphite Finance Inc. ("Graphite"), Parkview Limited Partnership ("Parkview LP") and 1476634 Alberta Ltd. ("1476 Ltd.") (collectively, the "Respondents"), pursuant to subsections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act, RSO 1990, c S.5 (the "Act");
2. On December 19, 2016, the Commission issued a Notice of Hearing in respect of that Statement of Allegations, setting January 23, 2017 as the date of the hearing;
3. A search of the Government of Alberta's Corporate Registration System lists Graphite's legal entity status as struck as of August 2, 2015, though Soleja, as the former sole director of Graphite, continues to represent the company;
4. At the hearing on January 23, 2017:
a. Staff appeared before the Commission and made submissions;
b. the Respondents did not appear or make submissions, although properly served as appears from the Affidavit of Lee Crann sworn January 20, 2017; and
c. Staff applied to continue this proceeding by way of a written hearing, in accordance with Rule 11.5 of the Ontario Securities Commission Rules of Procedure (2014), 37 OSCB 4168, and subsection 5.1(1) of the Statutory Powers Procedure Act, RSO 1990, c S.22; and
5. The Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order.
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
(a) Staff's application to continue this proceeding by way of a written hearing is granted;
(b) Staff's materials shall be served and filed no later than February 2, 2017;
(c) the Respondents' responding materials, if any, shall be served and filed no later than March 2, 2017; and
(d) Staff's reply materials, if applicable, shall be served and filed no later than March 16, 2017.
DATED at Toronto this 23rd day of January, 2017.