IN THE MATTER OF
THE SECURITIES ACT, RSO 1990, c S.5
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF
AYAZ DHANANI (also known as AZIM VIRANI, MICHAEL LEE,
ALEX NEBRIS, PAUL DHANANI, SAMUEL RAMOS, and RAHIM JIWA)
- On February 28, 2017, Staff (“Staff”) of the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) filed a Statement of Allegations seeking an order against Ayaz Dhanani (also known as Azim Virani, Michael Lee, Alex Nebris, Paul Dhanani, Samuel Ramos, and Rahim Jiwa) (the “Respondent”) pursuant to subsections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act, RSO 1990, c S.5 (the “Act”);
- On March 1, 2017, the Commission issued a Notice of Hearing in respect of this Statement of Allegations, setting March 13, 2017 as the date of the hearing;
- On March 9, 2017, Staff filed an affidavit of service sworn by Lee Crann the same day attesting to service of the Notice of Hearing, Statement of Allegations and Staff’s disclosure materials on the Respondent;
- On March 13, 2017,
- Staff appeared before the Commission and made submissions;
- the Respondent did not appear or make submissions, although properly served; and
- Staff applied to continue this proceeding as a written hearing in accordance with Rule 11.5 of the Ontario Securities Commission Rules of Procedure (2014), 37 OSCB 4168.
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
- Staff’s application to continue this proceeding as a written hearing is granted;
- Staff’s materials and factum shall be served and filed no later than 5:00 p.m. EDT on March 23, 2017;
- the Respondent’s responding materials and factum, if any, shall be served and filed no later than 5:00 p.m. EDT on April 20, 2017; and
- Staff's reply materials and factum, if any, shall be served and filed no later than 5:00 p.m. EDT on May 4, 2017.
DATED at Toronto this 13th day of March, 2017.
" Philip Anisman "