IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT,
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF
DANIEL QUO MING SAM
(Subsection 127(1) of the Securities Act)
- on September 28, 2015, Staff (“Staff”) of the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) filed a Statement of Allegations in which Staff sought an order against Daniel Quo Ming Sam (“Sam”) pursuant to subsection 127(1) of the Securities Act (the “Act”);
- on September 28, 2015, the Commission issued a Notice of Hearing in respect of that Statement of Allegations, setting October 26, 2015, as the date of the hearing;
- at the hearing on October 26, 2015, Staff appeared before the Commission and made submissions;
- Sam consents to this order, as appears from the email to Staff from his counsel dated October 28, 2015, a copy of which was marked as Exhibit 2 in this proceeding;
- Sam is subject to an order of the British Columbia Securities Commission made against him on April 27, 2015, which order imposes sanctions and restrictions upon him;
- pursuant to paragraph 4 of subsection 127(10) of the Act, an order made by a securities regulatory authority in any jurisdiction that imposes sanctions, conditions, restrictions or requirements on a person or company may form the basis for an order made under subsection 127(1) of the Act; and
- the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this order,
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
- pursuant to paragraph 2 of subsection 127(1) of the Act, trading in any securities by Sam shall cease until April 27, 2020, except that he may trade securities through one account in his own name through a registrant if he first provides a copy of this order to the registrant;
- pursuant to paragraph 2.1 of subsection 127(1) of the Act, acquisition of any securities by Sam is prohibited until April 27, 2020; and
- pursuant to paragraph 8.5 of subsection 127(1) of the Act, Sam is prohibited until April 27, 2020, from becoming or acting as a registrant or promoter.
DATED at Toronto this 2nd of November, 2015.
" Timothy Moseley "