IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT,
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5 AS AMENDED
- AND -
GLOBAL ENERGY GROUP, LTD., NEW GOLD LIMITED PARTNERSHIPS,
CHRISTINA HARPER, VADIM TSATSKIN, MICHAEL SCHAUMER, ELLIOT
FEDER, ODED PASTERNAK, ALAN SILVERSTEIN, HERBERT GROBERMAN,
ALLAN WALKER, PETER ROBINSON, VYACHESLAV BRIKMAN, NIKOLA
BAJOVSKI, BRUCE COHEN and ANDREW SHIFF
WHEREAS on June 8, 2010, the Ontario Securities Commission (the “Commission”) issued a Notice of Hearing pursuant to sections 37, 127 and 127.1 of the Securities Act, R.S.O. c. S.5, as amended (the “Act”) accompanied by a Statement of Allegations dated June 8, 2010, issued by Staff of the Commission (“Staff”) with respect to Global Energy Group, Ltd., New Gold Limited Partnerships, Christina Harper (“Harper”), Michael Schaumer, Elliot Feder, Vadim Tsatskin, Oded Pasternak, Alan Silverstein, Herbert Groberman, Allan Walker, Peter Robinson, Vyacheslav Brikman, Nikola Bajovski, Bruce Cohen and Andrew Shiff (collectively, the “Respondents”);
AND WHEREAS the hearing on the merits began on January 23, 2012, (the “Merits Hearing”) and continued on January 24, 25, 26, 30, February 1, 2 and 3, 2012;
AND WHEREAS on February 3, 2012, Harper, who had not attended any days of the Merits Hearing, communicated to the Panel through Staff that she had retained counsel and wished to participate in the Merits Hearing;
AND WHEREAS on February 7, 2012, the Commission ordered that:
- Harper is to provide the Office of the Secretary the name and contact information of her counsel no later than February 10, 2012;
- Harper, or her counsel, is to provide the Office of the Secretary, no later than February 17, 2012, the dates up to April 30, 2012, on which Harper, or her counsel, would be available to attend a continuation of the Merits Hearing; and
- If the requested information is not provided to the Office of the Secretary in accordance with this Order, the Merits Hearing will resume after February 8, 2012, for the purpose of hearing final submissions from the parties.
AND WHEREAS the evidence phase of the Merits Hearing was completed on February 8, 2012, subject to Harper’s compliance with the Order of February 7, 2012;
AND WHEREAS Harper did not comply with the Order of February 7, 2012;
AND WHEREAS the Commission is of the opinion that it is in the public interest to make this Order;
IT IS ORDERED that:
- The Merits Hearing will reconvene on April 17, 2012, at 10:00 a.m. at the offices of the Commission, 20 Queen Street West, 17th Floor, Toronto, for the purpose of hearing final submissions from the parties;
- Staff will serve and file a written copy of their final submissions no later than March 23, 2012;
- Any Respondent wishing to make final submissions may serve and file a copy of those submissions in accordance with Rule 10.9 of the Commission’s Rules of Procedure no later than April 10, 2012.
DATED at Toronto this 29th day of February, 2012.
|" Paulette L. Kennedy "
Paulette L. Kennedy
|" Judith N. Robertson "
Judith N. Robertson