IN THE MATTER OF
NOTICE OF HEARING
(Subsections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act)
TAKE NOTICE THAT the Ontario Securities Commission (the Commission) will hold a hearing pursuant to subsections 127(1) and 127(10) of the Securities Act, RSO 1990, c S.5 (the Act), at the offices of the Commission, 20 Queen Street West, 17th Floor, commencing on August 3, 2017 at 2:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the hearing can be held;
TO CONSIDER whether, pursuant to subsection 127(1) and paragraphs 4 and 5 of subsection 127(10) of the Act, it is in the public interest for the Commission to make an order:
- against Virginia Tan (Tan) that:
- trading in any securities or derivatives by Tan cease permanently, pursuant to paragraph 2 of subsection 127(1) of the Act;
- the acquisition of any securities by Tan cease permanently, pursuant to paragraph 2.1 of subsection 127(1) of the Act;
- Tan resign any positions that she holds as a director or officer of any issuer or registrant, pursuant to paragraphs 7 and 8.1 of subsection 127(1) of the Act;
- Tan be prohibited permanently from becoming or acting as a director or officer of any issuer or registrant, pursuant to paragraphs 8 and 8.2 of subsection 127(1) of the Act; and
- Tan be prohibited permanently from becoming or acting as a registrant, investment fund manager or promoter, pursuant to paragraph 8.5 of subsection 127(1) of the Act;
- or such other order or orders as the Commission considers appropriate.
BY REASON of the allegations set out in the Statement of Allegations of Staff of the Commission dated July 17, 2017, and by reason of a Settlement Agreement between Tan and the British Columbia Securities Commission (the “BCSC”) dated April 13, 2017 (the “Settlement Agreement, an Order of the BCSC dated April 13, 2017, and such additional allegations as counsel may advise and the Commission may permit;
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that any party to the proceeding may be represented by a representative at the hearing;
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that upon failure of any party to attend at the time and place aforesaid, the hearing may proceed in the absence of the party and such party is not entitled to any further notice of the proceeding;
AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that the Notice of Hearing is also available in French on request, participation may be in either French or English and participants must notify the Secretary’s Office in writing as soon as possible, and in any event, at least thirty (30) days before a hearing if the participant is requesting a proceeding to be conducted wholly or partly in French; and
ET AVIS EST ÉGALEMENT DONNÉ PAR LA PRÉSENTE que l'avis d'audience est disponible en français sur demande, que la participation à l'audience peut se faire en français ou en anglais et que les participants doivent aviser le Bureau du secrétaire par écrit le plut tôt possible et, dans tous les cas, au moins trente (30) jours avant l'audience si le participant demande qu'une instance soit tenue entièrement ou partiellement en français.
DATED at Toronto this 18th day of July, 2017.
Secretary to the Commission