Transferring to Another Firm
Individuals may automatically transfer their registration from one sponsoring firm to another sponsoring firm if:
- both firms are in the same jurisdiction
- the individual is seeking to transfer between sponsoring firms without changing categories of registration
- the individual joins the new sponsoring firm within 90 days of leaving the former sponsoring firm
- there have been no changes to the information submitted in Items 13 through 16 of the individual’s Form 33-109F4 Registration of Individuals and Review of Permitted Individuals since the individual left their former sponsoring firm, and
- the individual was not dismissed, resigned voluntarily or was asked to resign by the former sponsoring firm following an allegation against the individual of criminal activity, a breach of securities legislation, or a breach of the rules of a self-regulatory organization.
If these conditions are met, the individual must complete Form 33-109F7 Reinstatement of Registered Individuals and Permitted Individuals. The sponsoring firm must submit the form through the National Registration Database (NRD). A fee does not apply to automatic transfers.
Individuals who do not qualify for an automatic transfer must:
- apply to have their registration reinstated (if their registration has been suspended), or
- submit an application (if their registration has been revoked), and
- in either case, pay applicable fees.
To transfer registration under the Commodity Futures Act (Ontario) (the CFA), the individual must complete Form 33-506F7 Reinstatement of Registered Individuals and Permitted Individuals. The sponsoring firm must submit the form through NRD. If the transfer under the CFA is made within 90 days of leaving the former sponsoring firm, and the proposed categories of registration do not change, a fee does not apply.
For more information: