IN THE MATTER OF THE SECURITIES ACT
R.S.O. 1990, c. S.5, AS AMENDED (the "Act")
- and -
IN THE MATTER OF
BRAD ALLES, ATCAN INVESTMENTS (1998) INC., SUSAN BERGER,
NORM BOLEN, KATHLEEN BROWN, ANDREW CALLUM,
PENNY COLLENETTE, HEATHER CONWAY, KIERAN CORRIGAN,
PIERRE DESROCHES, JANET EASTWOOD, CHRISTINE ELTON, HAROLD GORDON, ANTHONY GRIFFITHS, ELLIS JACOB, JAZWOOD LTD., ALLEN KARP, DAVID KASSIE, NELSON KUO-LEE, DOUG KNIGHT, PAUL LABERGE, VICTOR LOEWY, TONY LONG, MICHAEL MACMILLAN, XAVIER MARCHAND, JUDSON MARTIN, SEATON MCLEAN, RITA MIDDLETON, MARGOT NORTHEY, STEVEN ORD, BARRY REITER, EDWARD RILEY, LEONARD ROSMAN, JOHN ROSS,
JAMES SHERRY, DONALD SOBEY, STAMPCO HOLDINGS INC.,
ANNEMARIE SULATYCKY, PETER SUSSMAN, PATRICE THEROUX, EDWARD WAITZER, ANDREA WOOD AND PHYLLIS YAFFE
STATEMENT OF ALLEGATIONS OF STAFF
OF THE ONTARIO SECURITIES COMMISSION
Staff of the Ontario Securities Commission make the following allegations:
- Alliance Atlantis Communications Inc. ("Alliance") is a reporting issuer in Ontario.
- Each of Brad Alles, Atcan Investments (1998) Inc., Susan Berger, Norm Bolen, Kathleen Brown, Andrew Callum, Penny Collenette, Heather Conway, Kieran Corrigan, Pierre DesRoches, Janet Eastwood, Christine Elton, Harold Gordon, Anthony Griffiths, Ellis Jacob, Jazwood Ltd., Allen Karp, David Kassie, Nelson Kuo-Lee, Doug Knight, Paul Laberge, Victor Loewy, Tony Long, Michael MacMillan, Xavier Marchand, Judson Martin, Seaton McLean, Rita Middleton, Margot Northey, Steven Ord, Barry Reiter, Edward Riley, Leonard Rosman, John Ross, James Sherry, Donald Sobey, Stampco Holdings Inc., Annemarie Sulatycky, Peter Sussman, Patrice Theroux, Edward Waitzer, Andrea Wood, Phyllis Yaffe (individually, a "Respondent" and collectively, the "Respondents") is, or was, at some time since the end of the period covered by the last financial statements filed by Alliance in accordance with the Act, a director, officer or insider of Alliance and during that time had, or may have had, access to material information with respect to Alliance that has not been generally disclosed.
- Alliance failed to file its audited annual statements for the year ended December 31, 2003 and interim statements for the three-month period ended March 31, 2004 as required under Ontario securities law.
- It would be prejudicial to the public interest to allow the Respondents to trade in the securities of Alliance until such time as all disclosure required by Ontario securities law has been made by Alliance.
- It is therefore in the public interest for the Director to order that all trading, whether direct or indirect, in the securities of Alliance by the Respondents cease until two full business days following the receipt by the Commission of all filings Alliance is required to make pursuant to Ontario securities law.
May 20, 2004